Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
I don't buy a movie unless I really like it. I thought it had a good cast and it was much more brutal than The Edge with Anthony Hopkins. I always suggest watching a movie before you buy it so you're not disappointed along with money you feel you wasted.
I wish I had your patience and restraint. I've had some blind buys that were real doozys!

Ok, T, that's an obvious thumbs up for Grizzly Maze. I'll have a look for sure, and WONT blame you if I don't like it!
Old 11-17-2015, 06:36 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

20151117_222903[1].jpg

Werewolf tapes via Ebay. Clive Barker via Bookmooch. Ear on the far left via my cat.

Quote:
I don't buy a movie unless I really like it. I thought it had a good cast and it was much more brutal than The Edge with Anthony Hopkins. I always suggest watching a movie before you buy it so you're not disappointed along with money you feel you wasted.
I agree with this completely!
Although I tend to go a little buy blind when I see a horror VHS. Or two dozen. In that case I use my best judgement before buying. If I know I like it or am certain I'll at least not regret spending a buck on it, I'll get it. Otherwise I watch it online first, but with Goodwill you can't depend on what you find to stick around too long, so I try to roll the dice in my favor on most of my purchases there. DVDs though I watch first. Unless it's a great buy like my Puppet Master collection. All 8 and the 3 Killjoy's for $5?! I had too. ^^;

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:19 PM
病気の

The Jabb Pictures cut and Mostly Harmless Pictures cut..

Old 11-27-2015, 06:07 AM
Evil Dead

Gone Girl
Good Kill
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
The Gift
Horrible Bosses 2
The Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 1

Old 12-02-2015, 02:49 AM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Gone Girl
Good Kill
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
The Gift
Horrible Bosses 2
The Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 1

Have you seen Gone Girl yet???
Old 12-02-2015, 06:14 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Have you seen Gone Girl yet???
Yes and I love the movie!!

Old 12-04-2015, 01:54 AM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Yes and I love the movie!!
That makes two of us.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Same here. The only time I blind buy is if the movies $5-7 or less. Not to mention with most films watching once is enough for me. Before DVDs came into existence I seldom bought movies, I was content to rent them, for some reason DVDS makes me want to own as oppose to borrow a flick?

Last edited by Lord Voldemort; 12-04-2015 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:37 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort View Post
Same here. The only time I blind buy is if the movies $5-7 or less. Not to mention with most films watching once is enough for me. Before DVDs came into existence I seldom bought movies, I was content to rent them, for some reason DVDS makes me want to own as oppose to borrow a flick?
Lol, same here! I have an obsession with buying dvds (used to be with vcr tapes but not as bad), I finally have reached a problem.....I have run out of shelving space!!!! I started to alphabetize all of the movies but that got annoying cause i would have to move them all around each time I added a new one. Now, I have them sorted by genre and I alphabetize them that way (still gets annoying). The sections I have run out of room are my horror and sci-fi.....how shocking!!

Old 12-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Evil Dead

Oh I know exactly what you're talking about bruv LOL. My collections gotten so out of hand I've bought the same title twice without realizing it on three separate occasions. I'm lucky that haven't done it more times than that.