Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Horhew

Horror to ID (

Hi everyone!:) I'm a n00b around here (not in horror though) and thought I might benefit by your knowledge in a problem that's been haunting me for more than a decade now...

I remember watching a movie about some old(?) guy, who, with the help of some sort of device or machinery, could kill people while sitting in front of his TV, in his armchair. I mean, he killed the people that he watched on TV (or on whatever screens he was watching, I can't remember), THROUGH the TV. If I remember correctly (which I doubt anyway), this psycho grandpa pressed a button each time he wanted to terminate the victim and some sort of laser beam(can't remember where it came from) melted the human target. Well, anyway, I think he(gramps) died at the end of the movie, but I can't recall how...from what I can (think I can) remember, some machinery fell over him in his armchair, or he was melted by his own laser beam, after the "TV people" found a way to defend themselves...

Well, that's all I can remember. I know it sounds totally stupid and non-sense:D , but I watched this movie more than 10, maybe 15 years ago, when I was a kid, so there's not much that I can remember. I actually have impressions of images rather than actual images about it in my head. :D
Maybe someone could point at least some..."similar" movies. I would be more than grateful. Thanks

Last edited by Horhew; 10-13-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

the sorcerers is a good film

is the film you describe? probably not but certainly falls into the similar category

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062292/
Old 10-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Horhew

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwoti View Post
the sorcerers is a good film

is the film you describe? probably not but certainly falls into the similar category

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062292/
Well, it's definetely not the movie I was talking about, that's for sure.
I think "my" movie is more recent, maybe 80s.
But I'll watch Sorcerers too. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:57 AM
Banned

Body Melt