Old 11-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Maybe I got it from you. :p
I'm a bad influence :p
Old 11-21-2011, 09:04 PM
For Vendetta

Pretty decent entertainer, with some good performances. They could have treated the story a bit better though, with it's very dark and atmospheric overtone. It will remind you of 300 for more reasons than one.

Watch it just for Mickey Rourke alone.

* * * ½
Old 11-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

Snow town,not really a horror but a true story about john bunting a serial killer in adelaide ausrailia,thought it was pretty good..pretty sick

and also "orphan"....very average
Old 11-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
Snow town,not really a horror but a true story about john bunting a serial killer in adelaide ausrailia,thought it was pretty good..pretty sick

and also "orphan"....very average
Snowtown sounds interesting, Ive been meaning to get around to watching Orphan for a while now and never seem to pick it up.

Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill!

I laughed my ass off, but its a pretty sick, ridiculous movie. If youre into that sorta thing like I am then watch it.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywikkid View Post
Snowtown sounds interesting, Ive been meaning to get around to watching Orphan for a while now and never seem to pick it up.

Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill!

I laughed my ass off, but its a pretty sick, ridiculous movie. If youre into that sorta thing like I am then watch it.
haha fuck yeah that looks like my kinda movie who made it?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Evil Dead

Its a Vicious Circle movie, from what I've seen of their stuff they are all pretty crazy
Old 11-22-2011, 07:54 AM
HDC Idol

The Caller (2011)

This is definitely an above-average little horror film that is genuinely creepy. I thank everyone on the forum for bringing this movie to my attention because, honestly, it is SO REFRESHING to see a horror film that is trying to do something new.

What I really like about it is that, with a title like The Caller, you definitely go into it with preconceived notions in terms of what type of movie it's going to be (Is it going to go the When a Stranger Calls route? Or the One Missed Call route?), but I ultimately found it different, interesting, and unpredictable.

I can't stand it when a movie tries to be clever but it's ultimately predictable - To me, this was not one of those films; I thought that it had strong pacing and while the very very end was obvious to me, for the most part I kept thinking, well, where will this movie go next?

My biggest complaint is the casting of Stephen Moyer (or you may know him as Bill Compton from True Blood). To be honest, I love True Blood, but I hold no delusion that anyone in that show can actually act worth a damn. And my friend Moyer is no exception... A native Australian, it's painful at times to hear him attempt a Southern drawl in True Blood - In The Caller, at least he's not Southern, but his Northern American accent is really no better... Plus, in the movie HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE ITALIAN. WHAT ABOUT STEPHEN MOYER SAYS I AM ITALIAN?!

derf

Anyhoo - I gave the same complaint to the boyfriend and rationalized it by saying that they must have cast him because he was the biggest name they could find to play the leading man... But my counter-argument is: With a script this strong, they don't need "big" actors; in fact I found Moyer more distracting, with his bad accent, poor acting, and non-Italian-ness (plus the whole time I wanted him to say (SOOKIE)

Regardless, despite the above, I actually thought that the relationship he had with our heroine was genuine - Sweet, believable, and the love scene was genuinely romantic. I find love relationships in horror movies especially to be two-dimensional, but I actually really liked this one.

Also - Minor complaint: They kept using this constant chirping sound effect in the apartment that wound up driving me MAD by the end of the film.

All-in-all, I really recommend this movie. I do. I left it feeling similarly as I did after watching Triangle; that I had seen a solid little horror film and that there should be more like this (that is unlike everything else ;)) out there. Plus it really was genuinely creepy and did a great job at making this audience member uneasy.

3.75/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up Hatchet 2

Hatchet 2 is a good sequel to the first one.if u liked the first one, your going to like thesecond one.If you like blood and gore, watch hatchet 2. your going to love it:)
Old 11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Last Wave (1977)

>>: B+

Meskada (2010)

>>: C

The Dark Half (1993)

>>: B+
Old 11-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Island Of Death (1977)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0188527/

Huge kudos to the horror channel for showing the full uncut version they genuinely risked being taken off the air for broadcasting it if non-horror fans saw it. It really is spectacular in terms of taboo breaking and sexual "depravity". It is undeniably mean spirited but gripping nonetheless. It really pushes things as far as it can and towards the end you are so bombarded with reprehensible scenes it will keep you thinking about it for days afterwards. Never a dull moment but you might want to take a shower after you'vce watched it-not for the easily offended of course but a must see for a very corrupt viewing experience.
It's an enjoyable watch, and the girl is certainly hot, but the crap FX sort of ruined it for me. I understand it was low budget, but did everything have to happen off-screen or with some fake looking dummy? Even HG Lewis pulled off some decent no-budget gore.