Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I couldn't agree with you less.

I personally loved the unbelievable parts of 13 Sins. It was its strongest asset.

But then again, i prefer unbelievable horror movies.
lolz! I actually didn't mean 13 Sins was less likable for its "unbelievable" segments, I was just trying to say CT was kinda more practically appealing as I found the scenario & the characters more convincing.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:52 AM
病気の

Annabelle, 2014. 3/10

The Road, 2011. 7/10

Cradle of Fear, 2001. 7/10
Old 10-13-2014, 10:28 PM
ventricle

X-Men: Days of Future Past

8.5/10

Very compelling film in regards to portraits of self-sacrifice, addiction, love and righteousness. Bryan Singer continues to make good use of symbolism to convey and evoke purposeful emotion and determination. Excellent special effects and action. It's not without it's flaws, where sometimes, even the action, and subplots, can become slightly tedious.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:40 AM
Evil Dead

ABRAHAM LINCOLN VAMPIRE HUNTER (2012)-Thought this would be pretty bad and was right. Awful CGI, pointless scenes and loads of historical gaffes. But funny and suspenseful here and there, so worth one look. **
Old 10-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Evil Dead

7/10
Old 10-14-2014, 07:13 AM
Evil Sweat

Stretch (2014)
B+
Cool movie: fun, violence, drugs and weird characters.
I'm sure this would've been bigger with a slightly different cast and more publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
X-Men: Days of Future Past
8.5/10

Very compelling film in regards to portraits of self-sacrifice, addiction, love and righteousness. Bryan Singer continues to make good use of symbolism to convey and evoke purposeful emotion and determination. Excellent special effects and action. It's not without it's flaws, where sometimes, even the action, and subplots, can become slightly tedious.
Have you seen the scene after the end credits?
It shows Apocalypse, the very first mutant. Who'll be the main villain in the upcoming X-Men movie.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Horror Fan

Thumbs up

Amusement (2008). Decided to check this out after the rave reviews in Villain's Marathon Thread. Was not disappointed. Great depictions of vivisections and creepy clowns. This film also a great "mood" that is perfect for week of Halloween viewing. Overall a surprisingly good direct-to-DVD film.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:53 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Rutherless" 7/10

The story wasn't the greatest, but if you liked movies such as "Almost Famous", "That Thing You Do", "Rockstar" and "Duets" there's a good chance you'll dig this one. Rutherless is definitely the saddest of the bunch.

Billy Cudrup should always wear a stash.

Last edited by _____V_____; 10-14-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Evil Dead

Mama

It's more of a twisted fairy tale than a horror movie, but there were some damn unsettling scenes in the film. I really liked the characters and disturbingly gorgeous shots, and the acting, especially from the kids, was top-notch. Be warned, though, after Mama reveals herself in all her CGI glory, it stops being scary and just more bedtime story-ish That wasn't a detractor for me because I like more dramatic horror films like this film. Even when the film wasn't being too scary, it still had a creepy atmosphere and compelling story, although it doesn't completely transcend its genre clichés. I'll definitely buy this on DVD when I get a chance.

B+

Last edited by _____V_____; 10-14-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Found (2012)

An indie flick with a pretty good story. At times it was slow & boring but this same thing could be a masterpiece like LET THE RIGHT ONE IN if the story was treated by a better & professional director, writer(s) & cast.

Surprised to know that crappy & gory film within this film, Headless is getting made into a full-length feature, funded by donors from Kickstarter! That would be a pointless investment, IMO.

>>: B

Static (2012)

As a typical home invasion flick it wasn't bad until the "twisted ending" and it become one of 'those films'....

>>: B-

Where the Devil Hides aka The Devil's Hand (2014)

Liked the setting of a devout community for a slasher flick but the kills weren't much cool & explicit as well as the reason for those killings wasn't much convincing or required, IMO, as 'The Devil's Hand' was eventually going to appear anyway.

>>: B-

Last edited by roshiq; 10-14-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Tags
movie