Old 11-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
***BIG TIME SPOILER***

So the boy would live, so that they could get his dad in on it at the end.
but it was a delayed tape, so he could have died anyway and the father still would have come
Old 11-02-2005, 05:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
Heres a thought, there was no nerve gas in the house. It was all psychological.

You know if you make yourself think that your sick or getting sick, you become sick.
Not to bash your theory, I can see your reasoning but consider this.

Why was everyones eyes turning red, and coughing up blood. How about the young girl who remeber the guy who brought them all there. She started to get weak and then she died on the floor. I understand that an emotional situation can cause the brain to react in a certain way but I don't think that a stressful situation could cause 6 people (not count Amanda) to display all of the same sympotms: coughing up blood, red eyes, fatgue. From the way some of them were walking I might say vertigo, maybe not true vertigo but boarder line.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Prelude95Si
Not to bash your theory, I can see your reasoning but consider this.

Why was everyones eyes turning red, and coughing up blood. How about the young girl who remeber the guy who brought them all there. She started to get weak and then she died on the floor. I understand that an emotional situation can cause the brain to react in a certain way but I don't think that a stressful situation could cause 6 people (not count Amanda) to display all of the same sympotms: coughing up blood, red eyes, fatgue. From the way some of them were walking I might say vertigo, maybe not true vertigo but boarder line.
No, his theory could make sense.

I did a study on the psychology of the whole "making yourself sick", and if you know you could get a sickness, and think hard enough on it, your body will react in the sick way, even secreting bloody coughing and red eyes.

That said, I don't think that was the case.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:21 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
No, his theory could make sense.

I did a study on the psychology of the whole "making yourself sick", and if you know you could get a sickness, and think hard enough on it, your body will react in the sick way, even secreting bloody coughing and red eyes.

That said, I don't think that was the case.
Interesting, I've read things about the mind actually having more control over certain body functions than we think. My A&P professor told me that in a disease state the mind can think themselves well.

Now the people in the movie were at a slight disadvantage, they were not affected by a disease but a gas, and plus they were in a streeful situation so now that I think about some of the various hormonal responses to stress I agree with the possiblity of there not being a gas. I mean Jigsaw claims that he never kills anyone. If that is true then there couldn't have been a gas in the room. I mean in II he put the people in a house with the gas (if there was a gas) that could kill them, he released the gas. Therefore had Xavier not gone crazy, had one guy not been shot through the key hole, and the other guy incenerated the gas would have killed them and Jigsaw would have physicly killed them. If there wasn't a gas then what he says is true about him never killing anyone.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:55 AM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to handsome rob
Quote:
I couldn't see the colors very well, but I remeber the black guy had a white number, but the rest of the numbers were all dark colors to me, I'd have to watch it again and pay attention.
I don't think that's significant. Have you ever seen what black tattoos look like on dark skinned black people? You wouldn't be able to put it on camera and have anyone know wtf it was.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by handsome rob
I don't think that's significant. Have you ever seen what black tattoos look like on dark skinned black people? You wouldn't be able to put it on camera and have anyone know wtf it was.
But in order to figure out the colors of the rainbow the tatoos would need to be different colors, and I don't think the numbers were tatoos but different colored markers or something.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Interesting, I've read things about the mind actually having more control over certain body functions than we think. My A&P professor told me that in a disease state the mind can think themselves well.

Now the people in the movie were at a slight disadvantage, they were not affected by a disease but a gas, and plus they were in a streeful situation so now that I think about some of the various hormonal responses to stress I agree with the possiblity of there not being a gas. I mean Jigsaw claims that he never kills anyone. If that is true then there couldn't have been a gas in the room. I mean in II he put the people in a house with the gas (if there was a gas) that could kill them, he released the gas. Therefore had Xavier not gone crazy, had one guy not been shot through the key hole, and the other guy incenerated the gas would have killed them and Jigsaw would have physicly killed them. If there wasn't a gas then what he says is true about him never killing anyone.
It still doesn't matter that it's a gas instead of a disease. You could be in the snow and keep thinking about frost bite and you could start showing symptoms of frost bite, even when you don't have it.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
It still doesn't matter that it's a gas instead of a disease. You could be in the snow and keep thinking about frost bite and you could start showing symptoms of frost bite, even when you don't have it.
Right, I just like to relate things to pathology as apose to chemistry. My favorite class in college so far has been Pathophysiology so I'm disease freek.

But back to the movie, do you think there was a gas?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Tenant

Quote:
[i]
But back to the movie, do you think there was a gas? [/B]
Definately.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Definately.
So then Jigsaw lied, he has killed people if there was a gas.
Right?