Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2005, 04:30 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Land Of The Dead was depressing.

saw this yesterday and it made me sad that romero had to ruin the trilogy with this crap. The CGI was some of the worst ive seen, and the zombies in it were just stupid. talking to eachother and stuff. I actually found House Of The Dead a more enjoyable movie. not a better movie, but a more enjoyable one.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Hellraiser

Is house of the dead that Video Game Movie?

I did not like this remake either. And i'm usually not too harsh on remakes. I give them a chance... This however did not keep me entertained. And just think.....They're working on a follow-up to this, hah!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Evil Puppy

Uh, it wasn't a remake it was a sequel (actually it wasn't a real sequel it was simply taking place in the same world like Night/Day/Dawn) and I liked it. Zombies "learning" has been in the works since Day with bub, but then again not a lot of people liked Day and I thought it was a great addition to the series. I'm happy Land of the Dead came out and I'm happy we have another "Of the Dead" entry, I doubt the sequal will shine but I'm sure it will be in my collection anyway. House of the Dead was not funny, it wasn't gory, the acting and action both sucked... I don't get what people found "fun" about this movie at all. Oh well.

Last edited by Despare; 10-26-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Evil Dead

It was depressing because i waited 20 years for the ultimate zombie movie & we get that big daddy asshole. At least George had the bollocks to have proper zombies in the film not like the wankers you see in resi evil & the DOTD remake, they actually ate people & you saw it onscreen oldskool! There was none of this shit where you just see the zombi jump onto the victim & thats about it!
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by Despare
Uh, it wasn't a remake it was a sequel (actually it wasn't a real sequel it was simply taking place in the same world like Night/Day/Dawn) and I liked it. Zombies "learning" has been in the works since Day with bub, but then again not a lot of people liked Day and I thought it was a great addition to the series. I'm happy Land of the Dead came out and I'm happy we have another "Of the Dead" entry, I doubt the sequal will shine but I'm sure it will be in my collection anyway. House of the Dead was not funny, it wasn't gory, the acting and action both sucked... I don't get what people found "fun" about this movie at all. Oh well.
Remake, Sequel regadless... The only thing i thought was good about this move was the gore. There were TONS of it and that was great. I do LOVE Zombie flicks.. Obviously, look at my username. I was really hyped for this movie because i am a fan of the Living Dead series, etc. This one just didn't have what i was hoping for.

And "House of the dead" I thought was a joke at first, Oh wait, that was the acting! Quite humorous.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Hellraiser

I did not like LOTD. I thought it was interesting how the humans were considered the bad guys as they go out looking for supplies and destroying the "dead" population. Do we feel sympathy for the zombies, or not? In all the other "Living Dead" movies, the zombies were a threat. I mean at the end of the movie when someone else (cant remember who) is going to kill big daddy Simon Baker tells them not to because "they are only looking for a place to go" what is the deal with that?? I just thought it could have been way better than it was.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...
Old 10-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by i have no life
I did not like LOTD. I thought it was interesting how the humans were considered the bad guys as they go out looking for supplies and destroying the "dead" population. Do we feel sympathy for the zombies, or not? In all the other "Living Dead" movies, the zombies were a threat. I mean at the end of the movie when someone else (cant remember who) is going to kill big daddy Simon Baker tells them not to because "they are only looking for a place to go" what is the deal with that?? I just thought it could have been way better than it was.
Mmm.. Good point. I thought the sympathy response was stupid. I looked at my brother like "Huh"? And he just shrugged.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Evil Dead

Apart from the crap about the zombies evolving & that twat roaring every time you saw him The make up for Big daddy was shite! I'm no pathologist but that assholes face was decomposed and the rest of his head looked like a polished bowling ball.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by doctor satan
I'm no pathologist but that assholes face was decomposed and the rest of his head looked like a polished bowling ball.
LOL!!!! now that shit was funny!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...
Old 10-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Hellraiser

haha, Dennis Hopper was looking more like a Zombie than Big Daddy.:eek: