Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Yah, I love 'Day', it has plenty enough gore for me. And that's exactly my point. His whole series was a gorefest, so it dissapoints me that just because it was gory compared to recent mainstreams, people are saying it's mega gory.

I can honestly say I wish he'd just left the series alone.
The thing I was expecting was more gore than the original due to much better speical effects of today versus the late 70's, early 80's. And the other thing I didn't care for was the zombies were running. That kinda threw me off. But the thing that annoyed me from the original "Dawn" was that silly "mall music" that seemed like it would belong in a Looney Tunes cartoon. And the other issue with the original "Day" was when they were in the bunker arguing with each other for over half an hour. Both are still very good movies, but way better than the remake, or should I say remakes, based on what was said about the remake of "Day". :) And that "mega gory" comment is coming from people that peobably never saw the original versions. Let em watch a Fulchi film like the unrated version of "Gates of Hell" and vomit their lunch when the girl barfs her organs out. :D
Quote:
Originally posted by doctor satan
Exactly how i felt after waiting for 20 years & Sitting thru Resi & house of the dead, i was expecting the Gone with the wind of Zombie movies. Maybe someone could resurect poor old Fulci, chuck him $20 million & see what he can do.
Dude, there's no way an american major film production company would allow him to make his films with as much gore as he is accustomed to. Like I said, if someone wants mega gory kill scenes, get a large budget and go to an independent film producer.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:38 PM
hepkitty

I have to say, despite the rather hollywood feel of the movie, i quite liked it...

it was kind of an inevitable progression from zombies being a huge threat to being a more or less controlled population - kinda like particularly vicious animals?

i didnt feel sorry for the zombies or anything, but it does draw a nice parallel towards how the human race treats any other 'substandard' species - control it, kill it, keep it down?

anyways, i was pretty scared to watch the movie (didn't want to see romero crap out on it!) but was moderately relieved. could've been much much better, and yeah, whoever said the emotional response thing annoyed them, i'm with ya! they're freaking DEAD! i'll give them motion, desire to feed, some small brute intelligence, but emotion irritates me.