Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2005, 05:18 AM
Hellraiser

Necronomicon sucked so bad it hurts. I like the idea of doing an anthology of Lovecraft stories or suchlike, but in this case the stories were butchered to oblivion and back. I was not impressed. At all.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:12 PM
EVIL CON CARNE

You really like that movie??? Ì'm a big fan of HP Lovercraft and when i saw that....thing I needed to throw up.Of course it's a Shadow over Insmouth adaptation (GET THE ORIGINAL HISTORY) but without any respect with the book. If any of you want to see any movie that made justicie to Lovercraft world try to see In the mouth of madness from John Carpenter
Old 10-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Ageless Stranger

I like In The Mouth Of Madness" better. However Dagon is also among my favourites.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacob Singer
You really like that movie??? Ì'm a big fan of HP Lovercraft and when i saw that....thing I needed to throw up.Of course it's a Shadow over Insmouth adaptation (GET THE ORIGINAL HISTORY) but without any respect with the book. If any of you want to see any movie that made justicie to Lovercraft world try to see In the mouth of madness from John Carpenter
That one I didn't know was based off of one of Lovecraft's books. I really liked that one. "In The Mouth Of Madness" is one that would definitely be in my movie collection. I dunno.... I suppose it would be the story, but also relying a lot on the producer and director. John Carpenter can really make some killer horror movies. "The Thing" comes to mind.... ;)
Old 10-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Your funeral... my trial

Quote:
Originally posted by gorefreak
That one I didn't know was based off of one of Lovecraft's books.
It's not. It's definitely Lovecraftian, but it isn't based directly on any of his works. Great, great film though. One of my all-time favorites.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:53 AM
Evil Dead

Ahhh, loosely based. Okay, still a good movie. I have heard people say that Lovecraft's style is really hard to inpertrip to film. I say it depends on the producer, director, and how well the script is written.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:32 AM
EVIL CON CARNE

For sure!!!! its geat movie and of course not a direct adaptaton but reflects better the world of maddnes and unespeakbles horrors that Lovcraft writte on his books than Dagon....I think that dont like that movie cos Im a maniac of this man
Old 10-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by noctuary
It's not. It's definitely Lovecraftian, but it isn't based directly on any of his works. Great, great film though. One of my all-time favorites.
The Shadow Over Innsmouth
Old 10-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Your funeral... my trial

^Dagon is, of course, directly based on "The Shadow Over Innsmouth." In my comment, I was referring to In the Mouth of Madness.