"Death of a ghost hunter" 7/10

Recommended to fans of ghost movies.
I would be one of those
Old 05-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Evil Dead

"The Pirates! Band Of Misfits" (2012)
--------Hugh Grant

Plot: IMDB
After years of humiliation and failed attempts to win the coveted Pirate of the Year Award, Pirate Captain and his oddball crew take on the cream of the pirating crop - Black Bellamy, Peg Leg Hastings and Cutlass Liz - in a race to pillage the most booty. They soon cross paths with lovelorn scientist Charles Darwin, who persuades the Captain that the crew's prized 'parrot', Polly, could be the answer to the 'untold riches' they are searching for. Their adventure takes them to Victorian London where they meet Darwin's sidekick 'man-panzee' Mister Bobo, and the notorious pirate-hating Queen Victoria herself. It soon unfolds that Darwin's motives for helping the crew are not what they seem, and the Queen has an evil hidden agenda of her own. The Pirate Captain must choose between basking in the glory of being crowned Pirate of the Year, or staying faithful to his trusted crew.

Phantom's Review: Wonderfully funny animated film from the folks that brought you "Chicken Run" and "Wallace And Gromitt". Well written and funny story, though it does get a little dark towards the end (sort of like "Toy Story 3") good voice acting and some truly well made animation. Lots of little sight gags fill the film and make it even more enjoyable. Go see it if your in the mood for fun.
--
Old 05-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Evil is Better

The Italian Job

I really liked it. I liked how they were able to accomplish their heist's without using guns and killing people. It was good that the movie separated murderers and thieves. It's not that i mind that sort of action in a heist movie but it was good to see something different. The characters were all enjoyable even though i think Edward Norton fell kinda flat as a villain. He just came off as a spoiled child to me.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Babycall" 5/10

A norweigan thriller starring Lisbeth Salander (the original).

Thought it was quite boring.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Evil Dead

"Dracula" (1974)
-Jack Palance

Plot: You know, if you don't know the plot of "Dracula" what are you doing at a horror site?

Phantom's Review: Well made, if not great version of the Bram Stoker classic. Jack Palance is perfectly cast as the count. If I remember right this was the first Dracula film to directly tie in the Vlad The Impaler legend with vampire story and Palance really does seem like an old warrior. Produced and directed by Dan Curtis, the film does occasionally feel like a large episode of "Dark Shadows"but it still is a worthwhile effort.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Evil is Better

Brake

I thought this was gonna be similar to Buried due to the somewhat similar plots but they are too completely different movies. Buried was more of a claustrophobic suspenseful horror movie while Brake was an action/thriller. It was very entertaining and kept me wanting to see how it was going to end.

I have to talk about the ending though...

SPOILERS:I thought the first ending where you find out that it was all a test to see if he would give up information was a good ending but slightly improbable. The happy ending kinda felt like a cop out but i thought it worked for the story.

Then the double twist happened and you find out that the whole thing was real and they were just trying one last ditch effort to get him to talk and you find out that his wife was in on it. Being a horror fan i can get behind an ending where the hero loses and the last shot of the movie with his wife killing him was pretty chilling but it just felt silly and unnecessary to me.
END OF SPOILERS

One last thing, why the hell did they call it Brake? Trunk would have made more sense. It would've been like if Buried had been called Sand. Sometimes i don't understand the naming process that goes into movies.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Misanthrope

21 Jump Street

This sets the bar pretty high for comedy films this year. I wasn't expecting to be very good at all but this was great fun and had me laughing a lot.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
21 Jump Street

This sets the bar pretty high for comedy films this year. I wasn't expecting to be very good at all but this was great fun and had me laughing a lot.
I'm suprised..
Old 05-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I'm suprised..
Haha don't trust my judgement man remember that hot tub incident! :D
Old 05-04-2012, 05:14 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Haha don't trust my judgement man remember that hot tub incident! :D