Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Scares Little Kids

Just watched the hills have eyes remake again
Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 AM
For Vendetta

Nice little pacy thriller. Liked it for what it was. If you are willing to overlook some plot holes in exchange for some swift entertainment, it's recommended.

* * * ½
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM
The Boogeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

"Absentia" 6-7/10

First half was definitely the best with all the creepy ghostly visions. But as the story unfolded it became more silly than scary quite fast. And why the hell didn't they explore the tunnel some more instead of just staying inside the house? Why didn't anyone?!! That annoyed me a whole lot. Really bugged me. HA!!

And i find it hard to believe the movie was made on a budget of only $70.000. In fact i don't believe it one bit. That annoyed me also.

I really liked the twist at the end.
I know what you mean though. They bring so much attention to the tunnel and never really go into it or explore it until the end which still left you going "DAMN IT what were they living in!"
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Pik View Post
I really liked the twist at the end.
I know what you mean though. They bring so much attention to the tunnel and never really go into it or explore it until the end which still left you going "DAMN IT what were they living in!"
There was a twist at the end?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:07 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
There was a twist at the end?
Viewers twisting out of their seats.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 AM
For Vendetta

Always been a fan of films who cut directly to the chase instead of bullshitting around the bush. The 3D effects were done superbly as well, adding to the wow-factor. And all those wonderfully gorific kills...nice.

Sign me up if they ever get a part 2 rolling for this one. Thanks to Elvis and the rest for the heads-up. One of the rare remakes (other than The Toolbox Murders) that manages to outshine it's original predecessor. Highly recommended as well.

* * * ½
Old 01-10-2013, 01:43 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Citadel" 6/10

Slow burner with an interesting story and an excellent emotional performance by the lead actor. Too bad the story didn't evolve faster and never seemed to pick up the pace. And that the ending wasn't better.

Could've been really, really good.

Last edited by Angra; 01-10-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 PM
mostly ghostly?

Il Decameron (1971)

Pasolini's crazy, energetic, free-form adaptation of the novel. Irreverent, creative, and a great watch.

Kyua (Cure) (1997)

Hadn't seen this one in a while; forgot how much of an awesome, unique thriller it is.

The Maltese Falcon (1941)

Had a hankerin' for a classic. Nothing more needs to be said.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post

Kyua (Cure) (1997)

Hadn't seen this one in a while; forgot how much of an awesome, unique thriller it is.
Yeah...I also need to give it a watch again, hardly can recall now anything about the plot.:(

Quote:

"Citadel" 6/10

Slow burner with an interesting story and an excellent emotional performance by the lead actor. Too bad the story didn't evolve faster and never seemed to pick up the pace. And that the ending wasn't better.

Could've been really, really good.
Interesting story...really?! I thought the plot was kinda lame. Yeah, the lead actor did his best with the role but most of the time the weeping & getting scared around kinda annoyed me. Overall, one of the dullest films seen in years, IMO.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Interesting story...really?! I thought the plot was kinda lame. Yeah, the lead actor did his best with the role but most of the time the weeping & getting scared around kinda annoyed me. Overall, one of the dullest films seen in years, IMO.

I totally agree about his weeping and frighten personality. The story and his character really needed to evolve faster. It was quite annoying after the first 30 minutes.

Tags
movie