病気の

The Old Man and a Gun, 2018. 6/10

Thumb resize.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:55 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Better Watch Out 9/10

I fucking loved this! All that shit though just so your cliche young teenage boy with the exact same haircut as every other brunette that wears dorky clothes and has a raspy whiny voice could touch a titty. That ending was so fucking satisfying and in my opinion made the entire thing a wonderfully written and acted movie. Definitely one of the best holiday movies I've seen.
Yeah man I also really enjoyed this movie. I went into it knowing nothing, which was awesome. I really liked the kid in it.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:36 PM
Evil Dead

Black 47 (2018)

Good movie. Gripping performances with realistic action and interesting characters.
8/10
Old 12-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg Head1 View Post
Yeah man I also really enjoyed this movie. I went into it knowing nothing, which was awesome. I really liked the kid in it.
Same with me about going into it knowing nothing about it. I had never heard of it but I found it on popcorn time and decided to give it a try. I wish that's how I got to go into bad times at the El Royale because the damn trailer has a spoiler in it that doesn't ruin the movie but it is still annoying because you wouldn't have known something otherwise if they hadn't spoiled it. I hate when trailers do that shit.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:39 AM
Banned

Shitfest I mean Hellfest

Something else I couldn't finish because the obnoxious dialogue between the teenagers had me turning that shit off 15 minutes in. I'm not sure if it was the acting or just the lack of brain activity put into the script but if that's seriously how teenagers talk nowadays, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:31 PM
Evil Dead

THE ADDAMS FAMILY (1991). Some hilarious moments (particularly one involving Shakespeare), but the whole I found this quite mediocre and totally lacking the zany charm of the TV series. **
Old 01-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Banned

The Nun 5.5/10

This movie was quite strange and I'm not exactly sure how to process it. I mean the setting was beautiful but I felt they went way over kill on how dark most of the scenes were. I also can't help but feel in a way that very last scene took a lot away from the story.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:16 PM
That fucking Guy...

So I started watching Bird Box...because I'm getting really sick of hearing about it, and I figured it was only a matter of time before it's spoiled for me.
I'm only about a half hour in at this point - though it seems fairly well made, tense and atmospheric. Quite a few abrupt moments.
It reminded me a little bit of "The Signal" (2007) which I quite like, so yeah...seems solid enough, thus far.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Banned

I want to watch it since apparently I'm a loser for not seeing it yet haha. Add currently don't have Netflix and I'm not going to get it back for just one movie and it's on popcorn time but and a completely different language for some reason. I'll get to it eventually I'm sure.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:02 AM
Immortal horror fan

The Predator -

I've read more stories on this movie about potential cameos and cut scenes than positive reviews. Dutch was supposed to be in it at one point. I'm glad Arnold passed on that one. Now the next one is that Ripley or Newt were going to be in it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br8g_c3lF8g/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsEMUUpFXWN/

I finally decided to find it and see the level of this movie. It is a movie that if I watched it in theaters I would have wanted to walk out numerous times. It feels like a Syfy knock off type movie at many moments. Actually worse than those knock off movies. I just don't see how a movie like this could get past whatever approval process they have in place. Or how if the actors really like Predator movies, especially the first two, thought that this is a movie worthy of their time. Other than to pick up a check. None of them make it out of this movie on a positive note.

The people involved in production had to be a bunch of yes men for the director and executives. I remember a story or article about an executive on Alien 3 supposedly saying that the director could film him pissing on a wall and it would still be called Alien 3. That's what this movie is. It's garbage. The movie if you want to call it that, uses classic Predator music to get that nostalgia but it's misplaced and only makes you want to watch Predator 1 or 2. It's like some bad fan film with the music edited in just to be there. Characters have lines and twists on lines from those first two movies and the writers think they are being clever but they are only showing that they are talentless hacks. It's just a sloppy mess, not entertaining, and not worth the time.

Lazarus Effect -

I thought this would be somewhat good from the cast. But it isn't. It's a pointless for profit movie. And it did make a good profit. One of those Blumhouse low budget horror movies that because of marketing somehow always manage to be very profitable. It's on demand but don't waste your time. It's like a lot of the bad return to life horror films similar to that Flatliners remake. Except this has an even worse twist.

Tags
movie