Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Found In Florida - Package From Bin Laden?

Package From 'Bin Laden' On Orlando Bus Investigated

Orlando, Florida -- Bomb experts were called to a Lynx public bus in Orlando, Fla., Wednesday after a suspicious package addressed from Osama bin Laden was discovered by a rider, according to police.

The package addressed from Osama bin Laden was found on the Lynx bus 909 near the intersection of Hughey and Amelia at the Centroplex parking garage. The bus usually travels around downtown Orlando.

When the bus came to its last stop at the Centroplex parking garage, a passenger on the bus brought the package to the driver.

When the driver saw that Osama bin Laden was written on the package, he called 911, Local 6 News reported.

Firefighters and police aggressively moved into the area and checked the package, according to the report. Several streets in the downtown area were closed.

The package was packed with flyers but police did not say what the flyers said.

"We had approximately 20 firefighters out here on five different units and I don't know how many police officers blocking off the area," Orlando fire spokesman Rudy Johnson said. "It disrupts business and obviously the school district."

Orlando fire officials said they have had several incidents like this where suspicious packages have been left in places with the intention of causing alarm, Local 6 News reported.

"Because of handwriting on the packages and other details, they believe the same person is responsible," Local 6 News reporter Louis Bolden said.

Videotape from inside the Lynx bus has been turned over to Orlando police.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be