Old 09-08-2011, 07:40 AM
For Vendetta

One Thousand A.E.

It has been three long years since Will Smith, arguably one of the biggest movie stars on the planet, was last on the big screen. In 2008 we saw two sides of the thesp: the blockbuster star in “Hancock” and the awards season contender in “Seven Pounds.” Though they were successful, neither film quite lived up to expectations.

But for his next couple projects, Will Smith is determined to bring home the bacon. Next year he’ll be back with his mega-franchise in tow for “Men In Black III” and he won’t be keeping fans waiting as 2013 will once again see him at a theater near you.

Though word has been quiet on the project, things are ramping up for M. Night Shyamalan‘s “One Thousand A.E.” which in case you forgot, will pair the star with his son, Jaden Smith.

Details are being kept tight, but the story will follow a young boy and his estranged father who crash land on a planet and have to explore to it. Last year, all Jaden would reveal is “it’s set in the future and it’s about a journey.”

The movie will now hit theaters on June 7, 2013, arriving one week before Zack Snyder‘s “Man of Steel.”

Filming is slated to begin in early 2012.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:32 AM
For Vendetta

M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth"

Polarizing director M. Night Shyamalan recently joined Twitter and revealed a few things about his upcoming collaboration with Will Smith. Back in April, it was announced Shyamalan would direct both Will and his son Jaden Smith in a movie tentatively titled One Thousand A.E. about what happens when a young boy and his father’s spaceship crash lands on Earth one thousand years after humans abandoned it.

Shyamalan recently tweeted that he’s nine weeks away from shooting and that the film is now titled After Earth.

Since the director of The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Avatar: The Last Airbender joined Twitter, several tweets have been about his upcoming film:

Quote:
I draw out every shot on my films. Just finished the second pass of them for After Earth. 676 shots! Four months of work.
Quote:
9 weeks out from shooting After Earth. Looking at paintings/photos to find the tone of the film. Andrew Wyeth paintings always inspire me.
His co-writer, Gary Whitta, has also been tweeting about it a bit:

Quote:
Just had a great chat with @MNightShyamalan about how pre-production is coming along on AFTER EARTH. Sounds fantastic, can’t wait to see it!
Nine weeks from now would put production around February 1 and it’s taken four months for Shyamalan to storyboard the film himself. He’s also been inspired by the paintings of Andrew Wyeth, so looking at his work might give an idea of what to expect from After Earth.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Evil is Better

I love Shyamalan's movies even the ones people hate so i'm excited for this.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Love is like dying

that sounds a very good movie, m night last few movies i have not liked, but the story in this one sounds like my sort of thing. look forward to it.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:48 AM
From The Beyond

I'm sorry but I despise Will Smith I will be avoiding this.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I'm sorry but I despise Will Smith I will be avoiding this.
Really? I actually like his acting. Any specific reason you dont like him or just a general aversion to him?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Whip In My Valise

I'm not wild about Will Smith either. I think it's that strutting peacock attitude of his that gets on my nerves.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:57 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
I'm not wild about Will Smith either. I think it's that strutting peacock attitude of his that gets on my nerves.
Precisely-it makes me retch.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 AM
For Vendetta

Will And Jaden Smith's 'After Earth' Gets Plot Description.

Quote:
In After Earth, one thousand years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape from Earth, Nova Prime has become mankind’s new home. Legendary General Cypher Raige (played by Will Smith) returns from an extended tour of duty to his estranged family, ready to be a father to his 13-year-old son, Kitai (played by Jaden Smith). When an asteroid storm damages Cypher and Kitai’s craft, they crash-land on a now unfamiliar and dangerous Earth. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance.
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/07/03...er-earth-plot/