Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Horror writer

Microhorror

Hi all
My latest thing is writing micro horror stories for twitter. It started as an excercise to hone my editing skills, but I enjoy it so much it has become my number one hobby.

My first few dozen stories were less than 140 characters, but all others since then have been exactly 140 characters, it is more of a challenge (and more fun), that way.

I also wrote a blog post about how I write them.

I post 1 per day usually, sometime more and have written about 250 so far (although only posted about 40 so far)
Here are some examples:

I woke, but kept my eyes shut, still thinking about the man who steals your eyes when you look at him. Then I felt a hot breath on my face.

'Robotically assisted suicide' they called it. And when he asked it to kill him, it slit his throat from ear to ear without blinking an LED.

The man stands in the corner of my room and stares at me all day and all night. I wouldn't mind so much if he had some skin on his face.

The hideous creature lived in the attic, scurrying around at night, eating rats and cackling. "It's time to put mother in a home," I said.

Their kissing became hot and heavy, sucking each other's faces like lampreys. Then his eyes snapped open. "That's not a tongue," he thought.

"I'm not a stalker," he thought. "Stalking implies motion, and I have been standing over her, watching her sleep, for hours."

You can find my twitter feed here, and a list I made of other microhorror writers here.

Anyway, I would love some feedback and if you like, please subscribe. Also, if you have any of your own, please post them here to give us all the chills.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:06 AM
Horror Fan

Horror tales for those with ADHD...I think you may have hit upon a new market. :p

Old 08-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Evil is Better

Those are cool "stories." There's potential in them for longer works.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Horror writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Those are cool "stories." There's potential in them for longer works.
Thanks. Actually I have already started expaning a couple of them into short stories. I encourage other writers to experiment with the form, it is quick, fun, challenging and produces tons of solid ideas.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSivier View Post
Thanks. Actually I have already started expaning a couple of them into short stories. I encourage other writers to experiment with the form, it is quick, fun, challenging and produces tons of solid ideas.
Cool. Good luck with that, i'd like to read them.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSivier View Post
This actually seems like a good bit of creative advice. Maybe I'll actually finish writing something this way.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Scares Little Kids

i've seen quite of few of these recently. honestly, i love them more than i thought i would. they're very direct, cryptic and inspirational. it's good to know that you encourage people to run with any inspiration you provide.