Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2003, 05:21 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by wyked
In general, I don't watch a movie with a biased view, I wait until it's done and over with before I start ripping it apart. :D
I do to.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:33 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
My favorite King films are Children of the Corn, Salem's Lot, The Night Flier, Pet Semetary, and Cujo.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to nightbreed
oops- meant to post this in the "kings movies" thread

Kubricks version of the shining sucked ass IMO. Granted there were some cool visuals (creepy twins, guy in a bear suit gettin some head, elevator blood, etc.), and nicholson did a decent job, but overall it had dick to do with the book. i actually prefer the mini series version. It was more true to the story and touched on subjects the Kubricks film completely skipped.

Anyways I like Kings films, most that I've seen anyway. My only beef with King is that he really needs to ditch the NBC contract. I'm a firm believer that all of his miniseries' would have been batter with an R rating.

Last edited by nightbreed; 10-06-2003 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Jack Nicholson could wip Steven Weber's ass!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to roguesblight Send a message via Yahoo to roguesblight
If it came to that then Webber had better hide, cause he would get his ass whooped by Jack! Ya have to remember when ya knock Kubrick's Shining, It was made quite a while ago so yes the effects aren't up to current standards. But.........Me thinks Kubrick had hippies in mind for an audience when he made the Shining. Those of you out there that are hippies know what I mean! And I am partial to anything King! I started reading when Amittyville Horror was a best seller, then I discovered Stephen King and I never went back. The books are always best, but the movies have kept my attention also. I love his non-scary flicks just as much as I love his scary flicks. I hope he never stops. And Yes, I loved Dreamcatcher, also!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Krzychu
Stanley Kubrick's The Shining is awesome. Other King's movies is good. I am found of The Stand, Creepshow, Sleepwalkers, althought I am not the fan of Stephan King's stories. I have read couple of them but neiher of his books make good impression on me. Regardless I hold King in great esteem.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:22 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by wyked
I am a rather avid Stephen King fan being originally from Maine myself. But I have to say, contrary to everyone else in this threat :D that I do like a lot of his movies, new and old. Dreamcatcher is great, I loved it. It was a gorefest and then some, with the whole bad alien aspect mixed into it.

Word is born, brother.

Contrary to 95% of everyone that saw the movie, I actually liked it.

But otherwise only like 15 good movies have been made from his novels....and the other 60 or whatever blow.

My favorites are Kubrick's Shining, The Stand, and the Creepshows.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:20 AM
chainsaw-lover

Ok, have any of you ever seen Steven Kings movie Maximum Overdrive and Stanley Kubrick's movie Full Metal Jacket? because if you had you probably would have been more well educated on his 1980s movies I have both Maximum Overdrive and Full Metal Jacket In my inventory of movies. Steven King and Stanley Kubrick RULE!!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by chainsaw-lover
Ok, have any of you ever seen Steven Kings movie Maximum Overdrive and Stanley Kubrick's movie Full Metal Jacket? because if you had you probably would have been more well educated on his 1980s movies I have both Maximum Overdrive and Full Metal Jacket In my inventory of movies. Steven King and Stanley Kubrick RULE!!!!
yeah seen them both probably 50 times.. Full metal jacket is for the military freaks it is not horror.. and Maximum overdrive is a great movie.. But I prefer King`s older stuff all is more original and horror based...

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritualistic
yeah seen them both probably 50 times.. Full metal jacket is for the military freaks it is not horror.. and Maximum overdrive is a great movie.. But I prefer King`s older stuff all is more original and horror based...
I bet there's someone out there that could make a good argument that Full Metal Jacket is horror. It's the scariest movie about the Vietnam War that I can think of. Of course I think I was 8 when I saw it. That's probably why it scared the hell out of me.