Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2003, 06:51 AM
Scares Little Kids

My Review: The Ring (2002)

http://movies.go.com/movies/R/ring_2003/index.html

I personally really enjoyed this movie. The acting the cinematography the everything was anmazing. The beginning of the movie with the two girls talking about the tape and then one of them dying really set up this movie. I like the video itself as well. It was remarkebly done. I couldnt believe the time they put into that and the whole storyline. The writer of this movie was awesome and will be one of my favorites. I also like the way they did the day by day of Naomi Watts' character. That was well done. The little boy was creepy as hell to me and that added a new element tot he movie. Then the part that got me was when they finally found out where the little girl lived. That to me was a bad part. I think of my daughter when I see that part and I want to fry the father myself. But then when they finally founf the well under the living room floor of cabin twelve that was awesome. I liked that part. Its funny cause Naomi Watts' character thought it was over and so did I until her sons father (I dont know the actors name) was at home lookign at his work and then the tv turned on. That was a signal it wasnt and then the part that I jumped at the most Samara (played by Lindsay Frost) came crawlign out of the television set. I was like HOLY SHIT! and I jumped.. Now that is awesome. The ending was setting up the newest Ring movie so I understand why it lacked a little but not much. I would have to say its one of the best movies I have seen in a long time...

4 out of 5 stars..

What did you think of it?
Old 11-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Scares Little Kids

Soz no one has comments on my review or the movie at all?
Old 11-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Evil Dead

the ring was an okay movie. Not my top 5 though.. your review is great BTW

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Scares Little Kids

Thanks. Its just a short review as I was bored. I can do alot better than that.. Hear that Horror.com peeps.. lol
Old 11-10-2003, 04:48 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by MorbidNightmare
Thanks. Its just a short review as I was bored. I can do alot better than that.. Hear that Horror.com peeps.. lol
we hear ya... man :D

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

Good reveiw it's always interesting to hear someone elses opinion. On a personal note, it had some good parts but not that scarey of a movie for me..plus I like a lot of gore...so that might play a factor in my opinion of the flick.