Old 08-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Help (2008)

Jiang Yan a psychology grad student, is growing more aware of her own mental status, as she�s been seeing ghostly images and hearing mysterious voices. She believes these eerie occurrences are caused by the spirit of her boyfriend, whom she has killed accidentally. Confused and hopeless, Jiang asks the professor whom she�s been sleeping with for comfort. Jiang suspects the professor & her friend Xiao Lin all are platting against her. However, what she is about to find out is far more serious and complicated than she can ever imagine�.

An average low budget psychological horror from China.

>>: C

Rule # 1 (2008)

Rookie Sergeant Lee (Shawn Yue) is injured in a shoot-out and is assigned to the dubious-sounding Miscellaneous Affairs Department (MAD). There, he is paired up with Inspector Wong (Ekin Cheng), a jaded and alcoholic veteran who explains that MAD's role is to answer supernatural calls. Wong explains MAD's rule number one - there are no ghosts. For every seemingly inexplicable phenomenon, there is a corresponding scientific and rational explanation. MAD begins investigating a string of bizarre teenage suicides - impossible suicides, unless the victims were possessed. As Lee and Wong follow the clues, they realise something sinister is heading their way.

A good entertainer where mainly the number one rule was the ghost is contagious...it possess its next victim by merely a touch. But this isn't the main issue in this film, the solid part comes through the good characterization, decent flow of the story & the twist at the end.

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 08-17-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:14 AM
The Andraculoid

I watched No Mercy last night. Its a cop thriller. With a some excellent twists and turns through out the whole movie. It had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Though some of it can be long and dragged out, but thats expected with most Asian films I suppose. 4/5

You can watch it here. http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/nomer.php

Last edited by Spookhouse; 08-17-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:14 AM
For Vendetta

Battlefield Baseball & Shaolin Soccer back to back.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:49 AM
No redeeming qualities

Hard Revenge Milly--Not really horror--more "action/gore"--and at 45 minutes long, not really a movie. But worth the watch, for the direction and editing of the action sequences. Hollywood could learn a lot from well shot low budget films; slow-mo and "bullet time" are not nearly as effective as proper camera angles and editing when it comes to putting together an exhilarating action sequence.

Onechanbara: The Vortex--Not as good as the first. But, hey, still has a hot bikini clad chick slaying zombies with katanas, so I didn't really care.

Last edited by fuglystick; 08-27-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Eye 2 (2004)

Not scary/creepy at all but a decent story.

>>: B-
Old 08-28-2010, 10:32 AM
No redeeming qualities

The Big Tits Dragon (or, The Big Tits Zombie, Kyonyû doragon: Onsen zonbi vs sutorippâ 5, etc. etc.)

Saw this without dubs or subs, so I didn't understand a word of dialog.

But who needs dialog, when there's a fire breathing vagina?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Death Bell (2008)

Some elite students of a prominent Seoul high school attending a sudden special exam on a Saturday. The bell rings through the speakers and the television monitor displays images of one missing student trapped in an aquarium slowly filling up with water. The rest of the students in the class has to solve the puzzles in order to save their classmate. The exits are sealed, the contact with the outside world is cut off and the group finds themselves subjected to the lethal and perverted games of a deranged killer. But who is he and what are his motives?

A fast paced gruesome Asian School Campus horror thriller that comes with a good entertainment value. I pretty much enjoyed it and it didn't bothered me at all whether or not the inspiration came here in the vein of international renowned franchise like SAW or Battle Royal.

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 08-29-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

the butcher
Old 08-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Hellraiser

I really should watch more Japanese films.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Evil Dead

Ong Bak 3

I found this all very dull and boring.The fight scenes were entertaining enough,but they were too few and far between to prevent me from becoming disinterested. 5/10