Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-26-2003, 05:35 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Well, we obviously have very similar tastes. I'll probably be checking out Cannibal Apoc. when I get some cash. I know what you mean about the Italian action flick being the "retarded little brother" of horror. Can't say I have a favorite (I'm having trouble recalling which ones I've seen). Did you ever see The Exterminator? It's not Italian, but it feels like it at times.

As for Antonio Margheriti, he directed one of my ALL-TIME favorite Reb epics: YOR, THE HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE. Hahaha, great comic genius in that flick.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Evil Dead

Yor, man, that was a sight. Red just did not look the part. Some people just don't have the Miles O'Keefe sword and sandal thing working for them. Love the movie, though.

Extermator was great. I even liked the 2nd one---and you're right, it did feel Italian. Did you ever see Master Blaster by Lamberto Bava? It had that Michael Sopikow from After The Fall Of New York, whom Tarantino once called "an Italian William Smith."

I also love the Thunder Warrior series. I picked up all three from a mom and pops vid store going out of business--for two dollars apiece!!!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 12:18 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
O'keefe....hehe. Lorenzo Lamas wants to be Miles O'keefe so bad he can taste it. "Starring Lorenzo Lamas as Son of Ator." That would be a classic.

Dammit, I haven't seen any of the films you just named. But if there is an Italian Will Smith (the real Will Smith) I must see him.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Evil Dead

I totally agree. Big Will should smack around little Will for using his name. Now everytime I say William Smith, people think I'm talking about Bad Boys!!!!! That's not good!

You're right. Lorenzo wants it so bad he can taste it. But who can blame him. I, too, wish I were Miles O'keefe.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Cryptkeeper

And Big Will would have no problem kicking his ass from one end of Frogtown to the other. Did you see him in Maniac Cop? Damn was he haggard looking. I wouldn't fuck with him.

I guess I wouldn't mind being O'keefe either....in the 80's of course.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Evil Dead

Will Smith just keeps looking meaner and meaner. He was haggard in Maniac Cop. I think my favorite Will Smith moment is the monlolgue he delivers in Conan.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:25 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Will Smith just keeps looking meaner and meaner. He was haggard in Maniac Cop. I think my favorite Will Smith moment is the monlolgue he delivers in Conan.
No doubt. He was great in Conan. Then again, he's always pretty damn good.