Old 02-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
Really quick on the first part- I started writing free verse poetry, so that I wouldn't have to contend with the sloppiness of forced rhyme. I moved into stories as I got into my teens. These have been some of my greater successes. After I writer my book. I'm thinking about keeping balance between "non"fiction and plays. For some reason, plays have always called out to me. I have a deep rooted passion for drama.

Writing is my magic. It's my my mojo and the key source of my Witcherey. I call it "Story Magic." In someways we are creators, but not ultimatley. Ultimatlely the created is there, we structure the patterns.
"Great Caesar's Ghost"...its Haunted. Welcome back missy.....still off the cig's?
Old 02-29-2008, 05:18 AM
For Vendetta

Whoa...Haunted is back?!?! Welcome back, you sexy witch!!:D

See newb, lamentations do come true.;)
Old 02-29-2008, 06:24 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
'Lo! Cigs are gone, Newb, old friend. Cheers, V.

I'm writing that book I've always said that I would write. Currently, my project is stepping back and doing some reading, because I've lost my perspective on "how to write." It's worse than "the block." It got started because I withheld all reading materials while working telling myself I didn't have time. Bad move on my part. Reading is as integral to writing as breathing oxygen. So now I will just have to make that time to read while I'm not actually at work.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
'Lo! Cigs are gone, Newb, old friend. Cheers, V.

I'm writing that book I've always said that I would write. Currently, my project is stepping back and doing some reading, because I've lost my perspective on "how to write." It's worse than "the block." It got started because I withheld all reading materials while working telling myself I didn't have time. Bad move on my part. Reading is as integral to writing as breathing oxygen. So now I will just have to make that time to read while I'm not actually at work.
Welcome back, witch. :)

I came to the very same conclusion about 3 months ago. I hadnt read an actual novel in years (almost 5), then decided since Bree was reading several novels in a row, that i would give R A Salvatore a go since he was the person who got me started in the first place. Bingo, 2 books later, I was so overwhelmed by the number of ideas i had banging around in my head, i started writing again, hardcore.

It has been all fantasy, I'm a bit horrored out after cranking out i think 5 or 6 in the past year (short stories, horror themed). Turns out Brieze is in another short, and is one of the central figures in a novel. So now i am stuck, i have a fantasy world coming together in my mind a couple of spreadhseets, and I cant stop thinking about them :)

So i am on book number 5 from Salvatore :)
Old 03-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Fear scented candle

Wow some handsome gent started this a while ago so yeah. I have a serial over on Jukepop:
https://www.jukepop.com/home/read/148/?chapter=1&sl=962

And I have my first draft of my second novel up on my site:
http://zombiechops.com/wordpress/web-of-ruin-chapter-1/

Let me know what you think :)
Old 03-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Little Boo

Miskatonic Press is looking for additional authors for its upcoming Anthology, "The Asylum Within." $0.01 per word. Looking for short stories around 1,400 words. Send to [email protected]

Story sample at The Authors Club

Thanks for Submitting.

R/Mike Porter
Miskatonic Press

Old 04-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Horror writer

Smile

I’ve been writing horror fiction since I was in primary school. The first horror story I remember reading was Slugs by Shaun Hutson. I found it disgustingly horrific. It gave me a life-long aversion to the slimy things in my garden that sneak into the house in the middle of the night leaving trails on my carpet and walls – but it also made me interested in writing my own horror stories.

My early stuff was all gore and death - emulating the horror I read in books by James Herbert and Guy N. Smith – but I’ve mellowed over the years. I still enjoy bumping off characters in gruesome ways – but some of them survive to the end of some stories.

There was a long time when I stopped writing horror because there was practically no market for horror short stories in the UK – but I’ve reKINDLEd my interest thanks to the self-publishing options now available. All those stories I wrote and stuffed in drawers - or left on my hard drive gathering virtual dust - don’t have to stay there any longer. I dusted them off and revised them and self-published a couple of collections just to see how it would go.

Horror collections and other books:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Old 04-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Horror Fan

Argh!! V: how do you embed tweets?

Last edited by MichaelMyers; 04-14-2014 at 02:24 PM.