Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-16-2016, 02:53 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
You got jokes huh?
Tell ya what tho...Folks round here think of Mrs.DBT and I as alternative culture.

Speakin' to what Boss was sayin' tho....Yeah racists and homophobics are gonna feel emboldened...what's new? That kinda stuff is so deep seated in our culture....I'm sure we all got some horror stories to tell....

A modern political face on a primitive cultural issue don't change my level of consciousness.
Yeah of course, but I'm sayin' its likely to get worse and people are going to feel that have a lot more freedom to be violent and abusive in regards to non-whites, trans, queer, etc. people.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:21 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Trump picked one of the most notoriously homophobic governors in the country as his VP, and he's vowed to pass the First Amendment Defense Act which allows discrimination against LGBT people as long as it's for religious reasons. Mike Pence wants to take funding away from AIDS and put it towards conversion therapy.

Yes, gay people are worried about Trump.
I'm talking about people not getting murdered, nor physically attacked (on "both sides"). And also, I stand that no one be picked-on and bullied for any reason. I'm not talking about "politics". I'm hoping people know and understand the difference. Because nobody is going anywhere.

As long as the democratic process proceeds peacefully and with due process of law. I know there will be differences in opinion, debate, proposed laws and court constitutionality tested. If anyone is worried about that. I'd only say, don't worry, because worry causes stress hormones that degrades your health and disposition. (Speaking to everyone, not you in particular) Use the golden rule you hand to others... understand the other side, get to know people as people, have value for the lives of all people, understand humankind is literally one family, empathize, and most of all, don't be an evil elitist.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:08 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

This topic is another perfect example on how hilarious it is when people who aren't into horror call us psychotic for loving it and yet we're the ones who actually give a damn about human life. ...I don't know why I keep pointing that out. It just baffles me I guess.

On topic however: You forgot to add females to your list. With that added I fall below two of those categories, and yet despite so many of my friends expressing their fear for me (and others who fit the list), I'm not really afraid. This isn't the days of Hitler's rein. We're not neanderthals with piss poor technology and little voice. This is a new generation and a new age. By some conspiracy (I refuse to believe otherwise) Trump won, but the people surely won't let the horrible things that have been rumored to pass. I have never really had much faith in humanity, but there truly are good people out there. People who give a shit and will stand for what is right. Something else this topic proves.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 11-17-2016, 03:12 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
This topic is another perfect example on how hilarious it is when people who aren't into horror call us psychotic for loving it and yet we're the ones who actually give a damn about human life. ...I don't know why I keep pointing that out. It just baffles me I guess.

On topic however: You forgot to add females to your list. With that added I fall below two of those categories, and yet despite so many of my friends expressing their fear for me (and others who fit the list), I'm not really afraid. This isn't the days of Hitler's rein. We're not neanderthals with piss poor technology and little voice. This is a new generation and a new age. By some conspiracy (I refuse to believe otherwise) Trump won, but the people surely won't let the horrible things that have been rumored to pass. I have never really had much faith in humanity, but there truly are good people out there. People who give a shit and will stand for what is right. Something else this topic proves.
Right on. Thank you, it's good to know there's others with that understanding.

Even in the media, as with every election, we're starting to hear the tone change from the "fear jolting" and monster creation, to the understanding and working together. It's not that hard to see the centuries old cycle if you bother to look.

On that point, every year the Repubs and Dems get out the professional persuaders and their $billions$ and try to convince everyone the Repub or Dem candidate is different this time... and every 4 year cycle is right between those narrow parameters of more of the same. Maybe moving to Canada, rioting or beating down your neighbor isn't all that beneficial.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:47 PM
Horror Fan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Right on. Thank you, it's good to know there's others with that understanding.

Even in the media, as with every election, we're starting to hear the tone change from the "fear jolting" and monster creation, to the understanding and working together. It's not that hard to see the centuries old cycle if you bother to look.

On that point, every year the Repubs and Dems get out the professional persuaders and their $billions$ and try to convince everyone the Repub or Dem candidate is different this time... and every 4 year cycle is right between those narrow parameters of more of the same. Maybe moving to Canada, rioting or beating down your neighbor isn't all that beneficial.
Sculpt I find this is a very reassuring post. But on CNN I see swastikas and riots and mass hysteria all across the nation. Do you think these folks have been whipped up in a frenzy by the media? Or could they be paid professionals?

Old 11-18-2016, 03:21 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Sculpt I find this is a very reassuring post. But on CNN I see swastikas and riots and mass hysteria all across the nation. Do you think these folks have been whipped up in a frenzy by the media? Or could they be paid professionals?
Well, that's a detailed discussion. It's a not an 'all-this' or 'all-that' type of question or answer. Of course the protests and what you see is real. I certainly never said otherwise.

I'm not a Trump supporter. When he tried to quiet reporters, refuse to answer questions and refused to do a debate if Megan Kelly was one of the questioners, I put an X through Trump as a candidate. But over time, I've watched him not only change his behavior and rhetoric on that, he's changed and flexed on a lot of apparent stances. If you've even seen a Trump rally, you know he's very tongue-n-cheek. One taking everything he says as concrete policy is going to be very confused or disappointed.

To answer your questions... I don't have a ton of time to get super detailed right now, I have to do sound for my Escape Room. But let me just say what should be obvious: the vast majority of protesters, probably 99% are not paid, but wikileaks revealed there were paid agitators sent to Trump rallies, agitators we saw. Mobs physically attacked men and women leaving a Trump rally in San Jose early on in the Trump travels (easily found on youtube). Wikileaks revealed there was collusion between Clinton's Campaign and a PAC group that agitated at Trump rallies, which is illegal in campaign law. So there's been both, right?

The other question: has the media (of any type and size) whipped up contention against Clinton and Trump? Of course. Has some of what the media said been 100% correct and direct quotes of the candidates and applicable associates and emails? Of course. Has some media reports been a bunch of opinion, or exaggeration, or straight-up mischaracterization? Of course.

There you go. Is that surprising?

I'm happy to see people rally for 'Love over hate', and anti-racism, protest for or against policies. I think it's great. I just hope nobody riots: burns buildings, cars, property or attacks people... for obvious reasons, along with the fact it's not beneficial to the protesters' position.

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-18-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:52 PM
Evil Dead

Its already getting worse. Disgusting.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...n-fight-223366

GOP leaders barely muscled up the votes to reject an amendment that would have barred federal contractors from getting government work if they discriminate against the LGBT community.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Its already getting worse. Disgusting.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...n-fight-223366

GOP leaders barely muscled up the votes to reject an amendment that would have barred federal contractors from getting government work if they discriminate against the LGBT community.
Sigh. I feel a bit stupid. This was from 5/16. Not yesterday. Please ignore its relevance to the present.