Old 01-16-2004, 06:39 PM
That fucking Guy...

Smallville?

Hey...I was GONNA post this in tv shows, but I guess that since its a tv show that a lotta comic enthusiasts have probably seen, I decided to go with this forum....
So, we've only just started showing the 2nd season here in australia, I saw the first one about 2/3 of the was thru, ans I gotta say, I was waaay more impressed than I thought it would be (it definately beats the shit outta the early 90's superboy, or young superman or whatever that was...not that that show was ALL bad)
What do you guys think of it?
while were on this, lets recap on some other comicbook based tv series.... name some (live, OR cartoon) u liked/disliked (and why) along with your smallville answerz...
Im tryin to think....but all im getting is the old batman, and the flash....euuugh...
Old 01-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Loved the old 60's Batman and Batman the animated series. Have only seen Smallville once and wasn't too impressed. Then again, I've never liked Superman.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:50 PM
That fucking Guy...

yeah....he DOES have a little on the bitch-factor for being, like, invincible....heh-heh.....
any other comic based tv shows ppl have seen and liked/disliked....?
by the way avenger, I lost the thread about themes b4, but thANX for the link u gave me...that site's awesome....
Old 01-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
by the way avenger, I lost the thread about themes b4, but thANX for the link u gave me...that site's awesome....
I figured it would be about what you are looking for. If you want any sound bytes go to www.houseofhorrors.com and check out the vault. The individual movie sections has sound clips and pics. That's where I get most of my stuff.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:57 PM
That fucking Guy...

Cool man, I'm sure it'll be good on the basis of your last reco...
so, comic book series...im really trying to think about this one....
Ive heard they may be considering a blade seires after part 3....also an xmen series...both of witch would be cool, provided that a: they ran for 1 hr, not 30 mins, and b: alotta moneys gotta be happening to make it good...
I just thought of an old one kinda based on both a comic series (an aussie one, i think) and some ol' comic and tv icons, called "defenders of the earth"
thoughts?
Old 01-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Cryptkeeper

I heard some rumor about a Blade tv show. Don't know where it stands now though. The characters in the next Blade film are supposed to get their own spin-off film.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:03 PM
That fucking Guy...

U couldn't mean the nightstalkers could you???
man thats an oooollld comic series, Ive heard theyre in part 3....a movie would be cool....
Old 01-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Cryptkeeper

Well sort of. I heard the Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynold's characters could get a spin-off. Reynolds is playing Hannibal King.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:22 PM
willows mommy

QUOTE]Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Hey...I was GONNA post this in tv shows, but I guess that since its a tv show that a lotta comic enthusiasts have probably seen, I decided to go with this forum....
So, we've only just started showing the 2nd season here in australia, I saw the first one about 2/3 of the was thru, ans I gotta say, I was waaay more impressed than I thought it would be (it definately beats the shit outta the early 90's superboy, or young superman or whatever that was...not that that show was ALL bad)
What do you guys think of it?
while were on this, lets recap on some other comicbook based tv series.... name some (live, OR cartoon) u liked/disliked (and why) along with your smallville answerz...
Im tryin to think....but all im getting is the old batman, and the flash....euuugh...
[/QUOTE]

i like smallville. here in the US we r on season 3 and its getting good. lex keeps getting closer and closer each season to the lex we know and love. in teh staes they also released the 1st seaon of smallville on dvd. i find this show way better then the adventures of loise and clark

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)

Last edited by bloodygurl02; 01-16-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:30 PM
That fucking Guy...

I wonder if anyone'll consider making an "end of series movie" about smallville, and like, making it the superman equivalent to the (maybr) upcoming Batman:year one