Old 01-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Little Boo

What classifies a zombie film?

I was just reading a zombie movie countdown and was wondering what exactly qualifies a movie as a zombie movie? For instance, 28 Days Later was on the list and is commonly regarded as a zombie film. But are they the resurrected dead or is it just a rabies kind of virus?

Evil Dead was absent from the list. Indeed, many people do not regard this as a zombie film, but instead a possession film. But why? Linda clearly dies and is resurrected. What do you guys think?
Old 01-29-2016, 04:02 AM
Evil Dead

28 Days.....Evil Dead... great flix....Do they fall into the zombie genere? Fundamentally speakin' no. 28days seems to me as more of a contagion type flick, where as Evil Dead has more necromantic overtones....
Eats brains, eats flesh, is dead, was a person ya got it.....ZOMBIE!
Old 01-29-2016, 09:12 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgasm View Post
Evil Dead was absent from the list. Indeed, many people do not regard this as a zombie film, but instead a possession film. But why? Linda clearly dies and is resurrected. What do you guys think?
I wondered the same thing myself actually. It follows enough of the zombie film guidelines that a zombie movie fan would enjoy it, but aren't the bodies possessed by demons? I think that knocks it out of the zombie ballpark.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 01-30-2016, 02:52 AM
Penthouse Pauper

I've always just called Evil Dead the demon zombie movie. Nobody's really eating brains though so.....it's not. Zombies want brainzzzzzz & flesh. That being said, I've always wanted a Hannibal Lecter dies & comes back full on zombie movie. That's just me though.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:44 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
I've always just called Evil Dead the demon zombie movie. Nobody's really eating brains though so.....it's not. Zombies want brainzzzzzz & flesh. That being said, I've always wanted a Hannibal Lecter dies & comes back full on zombie movie. That's just me though.
Splendid idea! It would be kind of cool if he's resurrected as a vegan though! But that would be a comedy I suppose.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:25 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Splendid idea! It would be kind of cool if he's resurrected as a vegan though! But that would be a comedy I suppose.
OMFG YES. YES PLEASE.
I mean he's already a cannibal when he's a live, so just being a zombie and eating people would be repetitive and not much of a twist.

This needs to be a fanfic at the very least. Where's Jake?

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 02-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Penthouse Pauper

A vegan Hannibal Lecter I'm dying.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Little Boo

Liberalsim

The films are considered to be symbolic of "liberal awakening" out of the conservative grave (soil): "We want more."
Old 06-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Total Creep

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBlueWolf
For me zombies are brain/flesh eating undead; they were human but have been turned from a zombie bite.

28 Days Later is a virus movie; they're infected and infect others. Evil Dead is more about demonic possession
Old 06-05-2016, 08:36 PM
ventricle

Witch doctors drugging, burying, causing oxygen starved brain damaged, witch-doctor obeying traditional zombies -- are zombies.

Virus, cosmic radiation, etc, infected people who are walking or running around trying to eat or kill people, are all zombie enough for me too.

But demon possessed, that's not a zombie.

Last edited by Sculpt; 06-05-2016 at 08:39 PM.