Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Little Boo

I haven't heard anything about a remake of the evil dead movie but i do know that they have created a musical.... and strangely enough it was brilliant or at least it was in my opinion. I can alwasy go for a little bit of musical taste with my horror like Repo. It gives it a fun twist
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM
For Vendetta

New full red-band trailer.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
New full red-band trailer.

Damn, I cannot wait.
I never thought I'd say that about an Evil Dead remake.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:41 PM
The Boogeyman

I know. These trailers are really make it look like its going to be a badass remake. Lets just hope its not a "well the trailer was awesome but that all" movie
Old 01-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Nice shot! :)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Evil Puppy

I read an article that said they weren't using CGI??? Shenanigans... I am intrigued though.

"Director Fede Alvarez has long promised to take the Evil Dead series back to its grimy, gory roots, and judging by the recent trailer for his remake of the original film, that’s exactly what he’s achieved.

And according to Alvarez, part of that unvarnished appeal lies in the absence of any CGI, with everything contained in the film having been shot “as real”.

“We didn't do any CGI in the movie,” says Alvarez. “There's no CGI in the movie. Everything you will see is real, which was really demanding. This was a very long shoot, 70 days of shooting at night.”

“There's a reason people use CGI,” he continues. “It's cheaper and faster. I hate that. We researched a lot of magic tricks and illusion tricks. We really pushed the boundaries, trying to create those illusions.”

What certainly stands out from the trailer is the sheer volume of gore involved, and Alvarez promises that the teaser represents a fair reflection of the level of splatter present in the finished film.

“It has a particularly bloody ending,” says the director, teasingly. “The last scene... I want it to be the bloodiest scene ever. And I think it is.” We’ll look forward to watching through our fingers when the film arrives on 19 April 2013."

~Shock Till You Drop
Old 01-31-2013, 02:32 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sfit38 View Post
I haven't heard anything about a remake of the evil dead movie but i do know that they have created a musical.... and strangely enough it was brilliant or at least it was in my opinion. I can alwasy go for a little bit of musical taste with my horror like Repo. It gives it a fun twist
I saw Evil Dead the Musical. It was a theatrical play at a local playhouse. They provided plastic tarps for those that wanted to sit near the front, because the the blood and guts were not confined to the stage. :D

Regarding the upcoming movie... I'm utterly beside myself waiting for it to come out. It's been a long time since I've anticipated a movie to this degree. Can. Not. Wait.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Little Boo

New Evil Dead

Is anyone stoked to see the remake of Evil Dead? It looks much darker than the orginal. Might be good.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Evil Dead

As a hardcore fan of the original, my first reaction when I heard about the remake was "this is blasphemy!".

But after watching the trailers, I have to say I am extremely excited to see it! I don't expect it to as good as or better as the original, though - at least not for me. But at least judging from the trailers, I think it has the potential to be awesome. Can't wait to see it :p
Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Undead

evil dead remake

So remakes get a lot of greif on here. .. which I totally support. But the more I see traillers the more I wonder. ... what if its good?

Tags
bruce campbell, evil dead, evil dead reboot, evil dead remake, sam raimi