Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-22-2009, 02:29 AM
quiet place

nice trailer.but sound of fredy´s voice is not so good
Old 10-28-2009, 06:30 AM
For Vendetta

"You know, I think my Freddy is just a bit more serious," Jackie Earle Haley told MTV's Vanessa White Wolf during an on-set interview. As fans well know, later versions of Robert Englund's take on Freddy Krueger skewed heavily towards slapstick horror as opposed to overt creepiness.

From the sound of things, the "Nightmare" remake will take horror back to its roots. Which isn't to say that Freddy the jokester will be absent if the rebooted series continues forward. "He's not much of a comedian," Haley said. "But I'm working on my tap dancing lessons, just in case they do a sequel."

A more serious Freddy isn't necessarily cause for alarm. Craven's original is pure horror, and the visual of Krueger -- fedora, striped sweater, bladed glove -- is central to that. As we've all now seen in the trailer, Freddy's appearance is pretty faithful.

"It's really important for us, as we're re-envisioning this, that there's a good, strong sense of new and fresh but there's still some recognizability," Haley said of the adaptation's faithfulness. "I think a lot of what was in that first movie is also in this movie, in terms of the structure of it and how it plays out."

There's more of course. As we've all seen in the trailer, the origin of the monster gets a closer look. "We delve into Freddy's background a little bit more," Haley explained. "It's a very similar background to what we know about him, but... I think it's going to be a unique kind of homage to Wes's original film."
Old 10-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Scares Little Kids

I have mixed feelings about this one. My first thought was that it's a pointless remake. But having thought about it, there is a chance of pulling it off correctly.

On a side note, I really wish they'll portray him the way they did in the original films. He looked okay in New Nightmare, but it just made the film "awkward", for a lack of better word.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:26 AM
SirSmokesALot

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
"You know, I think my Freddy is just a bit more serious," Jackie Earle Haley told MTV's Vanessa White Wolf during an on-set interview. As fans well know, later versions of Robert Englund's take on Freddy Krueger skewed heavily towards slapstick horror as opposed to overt creepiness.

From the sound of things, the "Nightmare" remake will take horror back to its roots. Which isn't to say that Freddy the jokester will be absent if the rebooted series continues forward. "He's not much of a comedian," Haley said. "But I'm working on my tap dancing lessons, just in case they do a sequel."

A more serious Freddy isn't necessarily cause for alarm. Craven's original is pure horror, and the visual of Krueger -- fedora, striped sweater, bladed glove -- is central to that. As we've all now seen in the trailer, Freddy's appearance is pretty faithful.

"It's really important for us, as we're re-envisioning this, that there's a good, strong sense of new and fresh but there's still some recognizability," Haley said of the adaptation's faithfulness. "I think a lot of what was in that first movie is also in this movie, in terms of the structure of it and how it plays out."

There's more of course. As we've all seen in the trailer, the origin of the monster gets a closer look. "We delve into Freddy's background a little bit more," Haley explained. "It's a very similar background to what we know about him, but... I think it's going to be a unique kind of homage to Wes's original film."
I'm real excited about this remake and I like what I hear, the original nightmare on elm street is one of my 3 favorite horror movies of all time, but I never was able to get into any of the sequels so much, too much goofiness and one liners from Freddy. I preferred the pure terrifying Freddy from the original.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:26 PM
tanyachai

The Nightmare on Elm Street 3

Freddy Krueger haunts the subconscious dreams of teenagers and kills them in their sleep........

This will be in theater on March 30, 2010. And absolutely, I will not missed this part.
I really like this movie, since the first part and this is my favorite movie of all the horror movies I've watched.... I like the suspense part of this movie......

http://cinemarv.com/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-trailer/
Old 12-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Scares Little Kids

One of my favorite series of movies, but I'm not too stoked about this remake.
I seen the trailer and was totally disappointed, he looks different and seems to have lost his humor.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:27 AM
That fucking Guy...

I think it looks decent...though, my expectations aren't high...Bay just seems...wrong? I don't want a scary action movie ha.
I know I'll see it regardless. Freddy just about raised me between the ages of 7-15.

Quote:
One of my favorite series of movies, but I'm not too stoked about this remake.
I seen the trailer and was totally disappointed, he looks different and seems to have lost his humor.
He really only became "funny" Freddy from the third one onwards...other than he was pretty dark and sinister, a sadistic maniac etc at the beginning, especially right in the first one.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:53 AM
For Vendetta

“It’s probably a little darker, a little more seriousness,” Haley says of his portrayal. “There’s some of that gleefulness, but it’s probably a little more serious. A little more pissed.”

A new trailer will be released on Thursday morning at 12:01am PST.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Evil Dead

I also have mixed feelings about this movie. I mean I am opened to remakes but most of the time I've been disappointed by them. I am crossing my fingers for this one...
Old 02-24-2010, 02:34 AM
quiet place

looking good to me