Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Cranky

On comment I did have is you need a reaction shot after the first shot of a zombie banging on the car window. The woman just goes on talking like nothing happened- we need something to mirror our shock.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Leland_malinski
decent job Mr. S., a lot better than the last trailer... The stock footage in the beginning is a good touch... I wish the car scene attack in the beginning was a little more intense... i.e. Night of the living Dead, I was a little lost about where the older lady was when she first when into the building..the audience has no sense of direction.. because you changed eye lines about 7 times.. The music was good... The ediitng was pretty tight.. Not a whole lot of story... Zombie were pretty weak.. The one shot that did get me, was a handheld shot, with a zombie face at the very end of it.. towards the middle...
Anyway... it was a watchable short film.. so congrats..

What role did you play in making this? Editor/director/writer?? what??

Oh, acting was Crap compared to The shrieking... So that falls on the director.. that little girl couldn't get off that monotone..

alright man... good luck with that...
Old 08-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Leland_malinski
Mr. S. how many MB can you up load onto Angel fire?? You can upload full HD onto Crackle.com ..
Old 08-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Can you dig it ?

A lot of the insert look shots are from always keeping the camera rolling between takes (miniDV doesn't cost like film so why not ?). In original version of script, there is a much longer dialogue and between beats it would cut to mass of zombies getting closer to car. Needless to say, I let actress run through dialogue to keep on schedule for 2 days allotted (besides not having a mass of zombies LOL). Plus we lost the location halfway through that scene. Half of it was shot in greenscreen in a driveway at some point.
Not all of the opening was stock footage. There was a double murder shootout one night when I was coming home and as usual had camera with to get some of the police, etc. I did resist the temptation to show one victim's body laying in the street since to me that would just be disrespectful.
The building the older sister explores was a condemned grease factory. We got kicked out of there second day of shoot as well. I snuck back in to get some stock shots, POV and greenscreen backgrounds alone. She and I eventually went back for 5 minutes to at least get her walking through it to tie it together. I did a bunch of silhouette shots of stumbling zombies to insert over some of it, but since I had fest deadline, it wasn't done in time. ugh. I hate deadlines. I also wanted to add more of the quick zombie face close ups fades, too, so you never really see who or where they are. You just know they are which to me is creepier. Overall it was definitely not the movie I intended to make and proves the "you make a movie 3 times- when writing, when shooting, and when editing". I might do some reshoots on it to get it back towards it's original intentions though. Oh well. It is what it is.
I was the writer. director, DP, editor, sound mixer and executive producer on it, but I sold the executive title for $1 to woman who runs a horror magazine as a joke so I wouldn't have to list myself as paying for it LOL Plus she'll promote it since her name is on it. Not a bad deal really.
The free version of Angelfire has 20MB I believe, but you can buy one with more for $19.95 I think. I just hosted the video from my real site and made the temp page to display it. I'm not allowed to do anything on my "real" page anymore since I crashed it last time.
Thanks guys.
CK
Old 08-17-2008, 08:51 AM
fightdirector

Episode 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JgiJo5VK0M

Episode 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVuHlNOsCOE

Episode 3 - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=91NzWOu71F8
Old 10-12-2008, 01:01 PM
All Doomed

Friday the 31st : Michael vs Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjGij...eature=related
Old 01-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Can you dig it ?

My latest in an effort to break my post production monotony over the last few weeks :D

'Christmas With Billy'
Old 01-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Cranky

Wow- that was great, Chris!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 02-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Can you dig it ?

Thanks for watching, NE :D
Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSadistro View Post
My latest in an effort to break my post production monotony over the last few weeks :D

'Christmas With Billy'
Really enjoyed that great stuff dude!