Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Hellraiser

Mirrors (2008)

I was going to watch this the other day, but in the end I couldn't face it. I watched Quantum of Solace instead. Just the title - MIRRORS - makes me shiver. I mean, this is going to be a horror film about examining yourself, seeing the devils within, the demons that come when you're on your own in the dark in the early hours of the morning. The demons that infiltrate your dreams. My neighbour, Sam, says he often hears me scream in the middle of the night. I have no knowledge of this, that is horror my friends. That is horror. Still, I met this really nice man called Nigel yesterday when I was in the gym. We both went to the cafe after, he had a salad, which confused me, and plunged me into 'grey world' for about an hour, and I had a big breakfast. We talked about horror films and weight lifting, we both had things in common! I was constantly worried though in case I said something that worried/upset/frightenend/embarassed him, and I spoke very slowly so as to think every word through that came out of my mouth. He asked me why I spoke so weird and I laughed to cover up things, but tears came instead. Fortunately I manage to blame this uncomfortable moment with the death of my mother, which actually didn't happen as she is still alive so I felt wrapped in guilt about that as well for an hour. I would have invited him in for a chunky kit kat and a cup of tea, but I rememebered I'm going through what my doctor calls "my black periods" and I had covered the mirrors in my flat with sheets and painted the windows black. So we walked around in a circle talking before Nigel said his carer was coming for him and we had to walk back to his flat. Anyway, I digress. MIRRORS. A title so evocative, so terrifying. What was it that Kafka said? Stare too long into the abyss and you see your face. Every time I close my eyes I see my face. If I study the clouds, or patterns made by stones on the ground, or the seeds in a pomegranet, I see my face. It is there and it is everything and it is everyone. My face is all.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:01 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Your creeping me out man.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Hellraiser

Hey, I'm really sorry and I apologise, as it wasn't my intention to creep anyone out. I am sorry to hear my post has had this effect on you, it was the last thing I wanted, but it is good for me to talk to people about these things, it helps and I know I went off on a tangent and you don't really want to know about all that. I just reread the above and now I feel stupid. Sorry to everyone. Just humour me. Anyway back to Mirrors and I read somewhere it is by the director of Hills Have Eyes. I watched that recently and though I can't say I liked it, there was much to admire. Families are strange beasts, aren't they? No matter what, you cannot change where you have come from. Another great central concept for a horror movie - that you cannot escape your past, and who you are. It reminds me of that great Lovecraft story 'The Outsider' in which the central character lives alone and reads from a vast libary in some castle, and in the end finally catches an image of himself in a mirror - an ugly hideous being. All he wants is a chat and a beer with someone. Wants wrong in that, in wanting that? There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong. Nothing.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Evil Alive

You scare me.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:02 AM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
TMI dood. some weird things should be kept to yourself. lolz
Old 11-18-2008, 11:16 AM
DMIIZE

You got some ISSUES man!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned

You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

Old 11-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Hellraiser

I really enjoyed Mirrors, cleverly made and a belivable storyline. Im was spectical at first as this movie could of been almost humorus "a mirror come's a live and kill's you type of thing" but im happy to say i was wrong. If i have any critisisum it's that it drag's a little but other than that i felt this was a good solid horror movie.

The bath scene stand's out as the most goriest, that i paticually enjoyed :D

Will you ever crack?

There's a little CRAZY in all of us :D
Old 11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
if this was actually a new poster, he would be the best new poster ever.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
if this was actually a new poster, he would be the best new poster ever.
Who,What ?

Will you ever crack?

There's a little CRAZY in all of us :D