Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Scares Little Kids

heh, well.... if I would have been a deranged psycho who spent most of his life in them woods I also would have tried to manage to build an underground system of some sort:D maybe even some outpost/hideouts in the trees?:rolleyes:

gotta do something with the days you aint killing and all:P
Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSalad View Post
heh, well.... if I would have been a deranged psycho who spent most of his life in them woods I also would have tried to manage to build an underground system of some sort:D maybe even some outpost/hideouts in the trees?:rolleyes:

gotta do something with the days you aint killing and all:P
Well, he did practice archery, wax his chest, and probably got into that weed plant a little.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:11 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
One of my biggest gripes - Out-of-focus does not make it scary or more visceral, it just makes it out-of-focus. Would it have killed them to actually lock off a shot or two?
SERIOUSLY!

My BIGGEST complaint is the one that makes me feel like I'm getting OLD... I had a difficult time seeing the action at times with the dim lighting and the shaky cam (the beginning was particularly bad).

I'll give it one thing, though - The pacing was fabulous. Frenetic. Blood-thirsty... But I felt as though it couldn't keep up the momentum. When it came down to it, I thought the movie was flat and anticlimactic. And horror movies should be everything BUT that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
It bugged me more that he could rig up an underground tunnel fixed up with lights and all.
That really bugged me to. A lot. It seemed so out of Jason's character to become a deranged packrat.

Also...

SPOILERS

Kidnapping the sister seemed WAY out of character to the point of seriously pissing me off. It was as they they were attempting to channel the Halloween remake. At least Michael Myers actually HAD lineage. They faked it for Jason.

[/SPOILERS]

Join my Facebook Horror Group!

Last edited by ChronoGrl; 02-16-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Undead

This underground tunnel thing keeps being mentioned, I thought that at the start of the movie there was mention of the GPS and some old mines in the area, which would account for the tunnels etc.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
And the ending... Spoilers.

When they throw Jason in the water at the end his mask is off, strap broken (I'm pretty sure) and all. But two seconds later when he bursts through the dock the mask is back on.

I also didn't like the way he got the hockey mask. It was just there.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
And the ending... Spoilers.

When they throw Jason in the water at the end his mask is off, strap broken (I'm pretty sure) and all. But two seconds later when he bursts through the dock the mask is back on.

I also didn't like the way he got the hockey mask. It was just there.
I recon, that is what borthered me a little bit aswell.. "hey" a hockey mask just lying there dusty on a attic, "fuck it, why not wear it for alittle while"

damnit, The most famous mask ever! hehe.. found in a dusty old attic! Oh well, guess its OK that way rather then if it should flame up like a awesome gift from the horror gods.

Last edited by ZombieSalad; 02-16-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Well, he did practice archery, wax his chest, and probably got into that weed plant a little.
haha :D indeed
Old 02-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Misanthrope

I'm really bewildered by how over analytical people are being about this flick :rolleyes:

Its just junk food for the brain its not meant to be taken this seriously.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I'm really bewildered by how over analytical people are being about this flick :rolleyes:

Its just junk food for the brain its not meant to be taken this seriously.
This.
Friday movies have never been high art.

They've never been like Halloween, for example, which actually is a legitimately awesome movie. Or the Thing or Suspiria or something.

They are, and always have been, shit movies...

But they are fun shit movies and that is why they are so popular.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
I've been thinking about it, he really shouldn't have taken a hostage. I didn't mind at first, but it's kinda starting to bother me. It's not ruining my day, I'm just switching sides on the hostage/no hostage issue.(if it ever was an issue)
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell