Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-11-2015, 12:37 AM
Evil Dead

some interesting points and thank you all for your contributions so far. I do agree with some of them. However if i do believe, as a whole, there are a lot more negative horror reviews than positive ones, so i would possibly argue against the 'enforced positivity' arguement. i also feel my particular favourite area of horror 'slashers and exploitation' comes under particularly harsh scrutiny just because the genre is cliched or the budget isn't as high as it should be. I've said it before there are no 'good/bad movies' there are only good or bad movies!
Old 08-11-2015, 01:19 AM
Banned

Thanks for agreeing with my viewpoint.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:44 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
For me the age thing is simply horror, and everything in general, was new. As I've gotten older a lot of things have been done before. So something new that might be amazing to someone a lot younger, to me, is old and already done. A film can still be great if its an idea I've seen before, but its a lot less likely. Imagine what we'd like to enjoy if we were 1000 year old vampires? Not much. : )
Oh hey that's an excellent point too! I've even considered that before when watching some movies. I have to defend movies with already done plots and what not because honestly, how original can one be anymore? With all the movies and books out there, it was easy coming up with something that at the time wasn't publicly already thought of, but these days everything has been done. So some people think they can take an idea that's already done and just make it better. It's when they fail that the critiquing gets bad.

Also, bish please, I wouldn't be no fang banger. There are only werewolves. ;]

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!

Last edited by Roiffalo; 08-11-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
However if i do believe, as a whole, there are a lot more negative horror reviews than positive ones, so i would possibly argue against the 'enforced positivity' arguement.
I think that's because some of the reviews come from people who don't like horror in general.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:42 AM
Evil Dead

you've hit the old nail on the head there baron. I have come to particularly hate imdb, as they seem to condemn everthing that isn't fellini
Old 08-13-2015, 04:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
you've hit the old nail on the head there baron. I have come to particularly hate imdb, as they seem to condemn everthing that isn't fellini
I go on the Imdb message boards even though they're really terrible. It's like if you hold the majority opinion, then you're a sheep, but if you don't hold the majority opinion, then you're a stupid troll.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:12 AM
Banned

Its things like this which make me sit on the fence and not get involved. I even refuse to vote in elections.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:16 AM
Little Boo

I silently critique movies because I hate stupidity

I haven't posted critiques much but every time I watch a movie I make my own critiques of it. I dislike stupidity in any movie and especially in horror movies. I know some of it is because it is needed to keep the movie going. I mean if the characters knocked the "killer" out and then didn't just run off, but stayed and stomped the head off the killer the movie would end rather suddenly. But it still drives me nuts that they do it. I also hate it when the "killer" acts in an illogical manner or doesn't do something he/she should have. But rather than write about it I just keep it to myself.