Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Scares Little Kids

Oh man, Ghost Watcher was terrible. And now there's a sequel!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:34 AM
eastsidemotel6

I've got the Blockbuster unlimited in-store plan and have seen all of the lesser known titles on the shelves and may rent a few select ones now. I too rented Jolly Roger. Sweet Jesus, that movie was just horrible.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Evil Dead

Predator Island (2005)

DVD DESCRIPTION:
Three young couples venture out on an idylic weekend boat trip off the coast of New England.. What starts out as a wild weekend of partying, quickly turns into their worst nightmare.. A meteor crash creates creates a fierce storm that capsizes the boat.. The group is stranded on a remote island inhabited by only the lighthouse keeper and his strange wife.. All communications with the mainland and the Coast Guard have been destroyed, and they are cut off from the outside world..Unknown to the shipwrecked couples, the meteor has unleashed vicious alien creatures who roam the island in search of prey.. The group faces a night of living hell, as they fight for their lives against the evil creatures.. Will anyone survive the carnage...

MAGAZINE & DVD COMMENTS: " An Absolute scream fest", " Rip your heart out horror", " Unrivaled terror"...

STORY: 3 out of 5

ACTORS QUALITY: 3 out of 5= It was up and down

VIOLENCE:2 out of 5= Gun shots and hand to hand combat

GORE: 1 out of 5= They tried..Stomach tearing and eating..

SPECIAL EFFECTS: 0 out of 5= It worser than the Sci FI channel..

LOVE:0 out of 5

FINAL THOUGHTS: It starts out like the end of Dawn of the Dead remake, with the camera and credits taking turns, which was pretty good...It all went down hill when they showed the meteor...The aliens costume was bad and then when they would fight a human it turned into martial arts and flips....Also they could run like 80 miles per hour....Again bypass this one at all cost..Also the magazine & dvd comments are a lie..

OVERALL SCORE: 3 out of 5
Old 12-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Evil Dead

Cold Blood (2001)

DVD DECSRIPTION:
J.M didnt mean to do it, but in one insane moment he killed his wife.. The trouble is, he's still in love with her.. Unable to cope with what he's done, J.M. flees to his sister's desolate farm, the site of his wedding just a year ago.. Once there, J.M. makes the haunting realization that he's not alone.. Someone- or something- is on his trial, and J.M. will have to fight off more than his own demons...
Blackmail... Killing...Betrayal...Revenge...
J.M. soon discovers there's no place to hide from murder...

STORY: 2 out of 5

ACTORS QUALITY: 2 out of 5

VIOLENCE:2 out of 5

GORE: 0 out of 5

SPECIAL EFFECTS:0 out of 5

LOVE: 0 out of 5

FINAL THOUGHTS: It was an ok movie..Real slow...It tries to make it a haunting...The actors were real slow with their acting....All of them were at one speed..The violence doesnt make up for nothing...So in closing dont even think about this movie...You will never miss it....

OVERALL SCORE: 2 out of 5
Old 12-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Evil Dead

The Rockville Slayer (2004)

Comments: "...A bizarre and satisfying conclusion."- Mark Engle, Cultcuts magazine

ACTORS QUALITY: 3 out of 5

VIOLENCE:1 out of 5

SPECIAL EFFECTS: 0 out of 5

LOVE:1 out of 5

FINAL THOUGHTS: The beginning was alright, but then it took like 40 mins for another kill...Pretty boring...Also the comments above, was not that satisfying...

OVERALL SCORE: 2 out of 5= Keep walking past this rental
Old 12-11-2005, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rubenmania
Predator Island (2005)

Old 12-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Evil Dead

London Voodoo (2004)

DVD Description:
When ambitious New York analyst relocates his family to England, his wife, Sarah unearths a voodoo grave beneath the cellar and releases the spiritof an ancient voodoo princess.. Sarah is possessed by the spirit, which unleashes passions within her that threatens her family with an unimaginable evil... The tension builds to a violent confrontation and a full - on exorcism..

Magazine or DVD Comments: A stylish, unnerving supernatural thriller...the growing tension never flags- MJ Simpson, Fangoria

ACTORS QUALITY: 3 out of 5

VIOLENCE: 1 out of 5

SPECIAL EFFECTS: 0 out of 5

LOVE:0 out of 5

FINAL THOUGHTS: Way to boring, pass on this one ...Unless you want to be bored some more.....

OVERALL SCORE: 1 out of 5
Old 12-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned

Rube...i gotta tell ya....i love your reviews...your weeding out all the shit movies so we don't have to spend our hard earned cash on them....kudo's.;)
Old 12-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Evil Dead

Thank you, that is my plan so you guys dont waste money...For me 14.99 a monthe for 3 rentals a day is worth it...
Old 12-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Banned

I'm not kidding....almost every movie you have covered, i've had in my hand at the local video store....then thought...wait....let me go check out some reviews.......i've rented my fair share of shit in my day.