Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2006, 06:10 AM
That fucking Guy...

Book title help...

I'm just thinking back to a book I borrowed from the library some time ago...it was a thriller.
I think the main characters name is Frank, a 40-something year old guy with an office job. The book starts on a day he's rocking up to work, and two guys are waiting outside his office, they ask him if it's his office, he says no and proceeds elsewhere to another room...he hears one of them make a call or communication saying that they're still waiting for the target...he then goes to his bosses office where he finds he's dead.
So...he tries to get out of there, as I recall he manages to disarm and kill one of the guys waiting for him...
The rest of the details are kinda rusty, but there's a reason they're afer him, because he'd stumbles across some illegal research taking place in the building he works at, at some point before the story had begun, and had been bitten by a monkey, which it turns out was carrying some highly contageous stuff...The whole book is very "bourne identity"...I can't remember anything other than that, and I really liked it...

Any Ideas?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to chainleen Send a message via Yahoo to chainleen
hmmm, books are always hard, especially if you don't remember too much. That really sounds something like Robin Cook or Micheal Chrichton(sp?) might write.

If your library has a good web catalog a keywork search might be a good idea.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Evil Dead

Wow...this thread was posted waaaay back...
So, just thought I'd share.
I'd given up ever finding this book I described above in my former identity.
Couldn't find anything about it, couldn't find it at the library, searches couldn't bring it up.
Today while looking to buy some old books/tapes at this, er, dunno what you'd call it...charitable organisation-run shop of er...stuff?
The deal is, books, and old "gems" here and there at next to nothing cost across vast piles of clutter.
Seriously, it's a charity I don't mind supporting 'cos at least you get stuff back, ha, yeah.
I was done, the gf was looking at some books to pick up for her mother, and needs 2 more to make 10 (it was 10 books/novels for $3, that's AUD people, cheap as all fuck.) books, so I start looking.
Glanced over a cover that I thought looked kinda familiar, looked back, and sure enough, I'd found the book.
(Also, on a side note there was a whole huuuuge bunch of MAD magazines, from the 70's upwards, at an insanely low price. Might have to go back for some of those.)

Now, I'm not sure if my tastes have changed or what, but I remember I really liked this book.
Had the name wrong, seems it was "dave", but there's no mistaking, this is the book...
So, anyways, the title, as I found was:
"Vertical Run".
Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 PM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
That's awesome. Is it as groovy now as it was then?
Old 03-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Evil Dead

Haven't had too much time to actually get into it, but it's all good, yeah.