Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Saskia

Haunted Lily - Mezmorizing & Haunting - My New Favorite Book!!!

I did not go into reading this book with any expectations... I love good ghost/paranormal/horror story. Honestly, I bought the book because I loved the cover! So I was so surprised at how good it turned out to be.

The story revolves around a British, documentary film-maker, named Darby, who's personal tragedy forces him to confront demons, both inner and other-worldly. As he questions his sanity...fate brings him across the Atlantic to an enchanted young woman named Lily.

I literally could not put this book down. I loved the characters, who were likable; you care about what happens to them. And the ghosts were both frightening and believable, very well done. The descriptions were so imaginative, the author made you feel like you were there in the story with these people and the adventure they were on... without overdoing it. There is a tremendous, unexpected, ending that I am still reeling from.

It seems everyone has a ghost story, something that has happened to them or someone they know. Everything about this book just gives you chills... the good kind of chills, and makes you really think about what happens after we die. It was inspired reading that took me far away into another world full of fascinating people, living and dead. Can't wait for the follow-up book!!

I would love to hear what other horror-novel fanatics think!!!!
Boo!
Saskia