Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Batman:The Dark Knight

Comes out next year,who else is excited for this?I hope its better than begins.Heres the imdb profile:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

Discuss!

Last edited by Dante'sInferno; 09-06-2007 at 06:50 PM. Reason: I'm retarded
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 PM
For Vendetta

I am definitely looking forward to it. Besides being a huge Batman fan since childhood, I am really fascinated by Christian Bale. Also, Heath Ledger as Joker and Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent (later Two-Face)...Plus, it will be partly filmed in IMAX...o boy this is gonna be good!

Here are some recent stills from the movie set...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_th...X_5-29-07.html

And if you havent yet seen Heath Ledger as Joker, here he is...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_I-...o_5-18-07.html

And here is some latest news on the Dark Knight...

May 29, 2007

All directors promise that their sequels will be bigger and flashier than the predecessors'. But Christopher Nolan doesn't mess around.

The director's sequel to Batman Begins -- The Dark Knight -- will become the first feature film to be partly shot in the IMAX format, an expensive and cumbersome process that typically is the province of documentaries and short films.

Nolan will shoot four action sequences — including the introduction of The Joker, played by Heath Ledger — on IMAX. The move is one of Hollywood's most pronounced steps yet in its embrace of IMAX theaters, which are increasingly showing commercial fare on their giant screens.

'There's simply nothing like seeing a movie that way,' Nolan says. 'It's more immersive for the audience. I wish I could shoot the entire thing this way.'

'Batman has some of the most extraordinary characters in pop culture. We wanted The Joker to have the grandest entrance possible.'

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

* The Bat-cycle WILL be in the film, and will look similar to the Tumbler style-wise. They have built ten of these for various purposes.

* They are planning on having the Bat-cycle "emerge" from the Tumbler. The use of CGI may be incorporated to make it happen.

* Two Lamborginis were provided for the film and will be completely destroyed during filming.

* "Whether official or not, The Joker's get-away vehicle is always referred to as 'The Clown Car,' and there are several of these built...it may have a few tricks up its sleeve."

* Nothing yet about a "new" Batmobile.

Thats it, for now!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Batman has always been my favorite hero,peiod.I've loved him since i was a kid.And Christian Bale,Morgan Freeman,Michael Caine and Gary oldman are the icing on the cake.I doubt this will be anything but AMAZING.Kudos to Bale, Nolan and Batman fans everywhere.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:10 AM
Scares Little Kids

i think the movie is going to be awsome
Old 05-31-2007, 03:41 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

I can't wait! Batman Begins was my favourite one of the series, hopefully this one will be even better.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:04 AM
Biggest and Best

It sounds really good, cast wise at least. I to have liked Batman since I was a child. Particularly the villians. Matter of fact, I never really cared for Superman or Spiderman all that much.

I dont know why the rest of you think Halloween is only one day a year
Old 05-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I am definitely looking forward to it. Besides being a huge Batman fan since childhood, I am really fascinated by Christian Bale. Also, Heath Ledger as Joker and Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent (later Two-Face)...Plus, it will be partly filmed in IMAX...o boy this is gonna be good!

Here are some recent stills from the movie set...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_th...X_5-29-07.html

And if you havent yet seen Heath Ledger as Joker, here he is...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_I-...o_5-18-07.html

And here is some latest news on the Dark Knight...

May 29, 2007

All directors promise that their sequels will be bigger and flashier than the predecessors'. But Christopher Nolan doesn't mess around.

The director's sequel to Batman Begins -- The Dark Knight -- will become the first feature film to be partly shot in the IMAX format, an expensive and cumbersome process that typically is the province of documentaries and short films.

Nolan will shoot four action sequences — including the introduction of The Joker, played by Heath Ledger — on IMAX. The move is one of Hollywood's most pronounced steps yet in its embrace of IMAX theaters, which are increasingly showing commercial fare on their giant screens.

'There's simply nothing like seeing a movie that way,' Nolan says. 'It's more immersive for the audience. I wish I could shoot the entire thing this way.'

'Batman has some of the most extraordinary characters in pop culture. We wanted The Joker to have the grandest entrance possible.'

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

* The Bat-cycle WILL be in the film, and will look similar to the Tumbler style-wise. They have built ten of these for various purposes.

* They are planning on having the Bat-cycle "emerge" from the Tumbler. The use of CGI may be incorporated to make it happen.

* Two Lamborginis were provided for the film and will be completely destroyed during filming.

* "Whether official or not, The Joker's get-away vehicle is always referred to as 'The Clown Car,' and there are several of these built...it may have a few tricks up its sleeve."

* Nothing yet about a "new" Batmobile.

Thats it, for now!
all great apart from IMO the joker's image. I know they want to show a darker side to him but i really dont feel anything for that. It just looks...too dark. (At least it isn't too light like joel schumacher would have liked.) I don't think I can see ledger topping nicholson for the joker. But then, nicholson is one of the best actors to play insane people of our time.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Dripping of Brain Matter

Problem with Nicholson was he wasnt really that great as the Joker. He wasnt dark enough. The Joker is a sadistic killer. THat wasnt shown in the original Batman. I doubt Ledger will give justice to the greatest comic villian
Old 05-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
I am excited for the film. Christian Bale is an amazing actor and I have a feeling Heath Ledger will suprise people. Joker will be dark and I think Ledger will be nominated for some awards after this flick.

Thats just my opinion.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Some crazy bassist

batman begins was awesome so i'll definatly go see the next one! hehe, i've got an A3 sized promo poster in my room of batman begins :D