Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to mikel1021 Send a message via Yahoo to mikel1021
remakes are getting worse and worse, and it doesn't help that they are making them pg-13, it drives me crazy! as for the halloween series i've seen em all, Michael is one of my fav slasher guys, it did get a bit out of hand and in my mind ended after the 2nd one.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:57 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to DrenTheLiar
i agree with mike on the fact that in our minds that halloween ended after 2.period.but if they do make a halloween 9 AND a remake id like to see the remake comeout first
Old 10-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikkif8
Wasn't Halloween H2O the remake of the original? Or was that 20 years later -the aniversary? I hate remakes too!!
It was 20 years later.MM was actually killed in that one.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to Nikkif8
Quote:
Originally posted by JP500
It was 20 years later.MM was actually killed in that one.
Ok, so it was 20 years later and he was "actually" killed LOL so how is there going to be a stupid remake???? :rolleyes:
Old 10-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilnEdee
I read a thing on Turner Classic-Rob Zombie hosting a few old flicks on Fri 13th, about the Halloween remake...it is a remake of the original, but is supposed to be a "different spin" on the Michael Myers story...hopefully a little more on the origin, etc...maybe it will be good...not sure I can handle a Halloween 9-will it be the "Resurrection" of Lorie Stroud/Jamie Lee Curtis?
Old 10-15-2006, 04:00 AM
Scares Little Kids

Hi I Am A Huge Fan Of The Halloween Collection And I Own Them All...They Cannot Remake Halloween Again.....2 reasons:
1. What Is The Point
2. Carpenter Wouldnt Give The Go Ahead

Aswell If You Go On The Halloween Website http://www.halloweenmovies.com/index2.html
There is official interview with Rob Zombie in which he talks about makin a prequel to the original halloween!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:55 AM
jdclar

I hate to condemn something before seeing it... but I must admit, a Halloween remake by Rob Zombie (I mean no offence, I know many people really like the guy... I just... happen to not *hides*:o) ...I dunno, I got a bad feeling about this one : ( But hey, I might be flat wrong, and if so - woo hoo! lol
Old 10-16-2006, 11:01 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I've not been impressed by either of Rob Zombies flicks thus far, but I love his asthetic and know he has a good movie in him. I'd say trying to remake Halloween is a fool's errand, but who knows, maybe he can wow us?

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 10-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Shenkspine

It breaks my heart at how much you all, as supposed horror fans, have not been keeping up with the new HALLOWEEN. Notes many of you have either overlooked, or never read because you for some reason dont go to halloweenmovies.com....the official site....for things about the movie. You guys would rather listen to rumors (Halloween: Asylum....wtf are you smoking). Here's the real deal...

Words from Zombie's mouth himself:
- "I am basically making a prequel and a semi-remake of the first film all in one. So really in theory there will be more original content than remake content. That's why I don't like the word 'remake.' "

- "I have a vision that I believe can work. If I didn't I would go near it."

- "I'm not touching one single frame of Carpenter's classic. That film will remain as it always has."

- "I talked to John about it and he was vey supportive. He basically said, "That's great Rob, go for it and make it your own." What more do I need?"

Zombie is looking to reinvent a series that has since given birth to a frickin doll that plays the theme when pressing its stomach.....he wants to bring the true terror back to the name Michael Myers. I don't know about you guys....but it breaks my heart when I see an 8 year old kid dressed like Michael Myers, instead of running from someone who is.

And please, I beg of you all....don't give in to rumors, try the official sites for news on stuff. I mean hell, this is HORROR.COM....supposed to be the forfront of the horror world, do not corrupt it with your speculations on things when there has already been word and confirmation on it.

I haven't posted on these forums in a long time....but I could NOT let this thread go on without correcting the wrongs that are laden withing this thread.

There is no talk of H9 right now, focus is on HALLOWEEN. Yes...thats the title, no number, no subtitle....HALLOWEEN, thats all. It's not a remake, it is a prequel, deal with it. And if anyone was going to do this.....thank GOD it's Zombie. In closing though, Rob is not shooting to make this a Gorefest like 1k and Rejects, he is focusing on bringing Michael back as someone to be truly afraid of. Oh and watch this too since I know NOT ONE OF YOU has been to the Halloween Website anytime recently http://www.halloweenmovies.com/wmv/robonjk-video.wmv

Peace,
Shenk

Last edited by Shenkspine; 10-16-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:37 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenkspine View Post
And please, I beg of you all....don't give in to rumors, try the official sites for news on stuff. I mean hell, this is HORROR.COM....supposed to be the forfront of the horror world, do not corrupt it with your speculations on things when there has already been word and confirmation on it.
speculating on rumor is what this site is about.

Might want to be a little less insulting and aggressive in your first post.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon