Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Lupolux

what can be more twisted, reality or fiction?

Hey guys. I'm new. I'm checking out the horror filmmaker scene because my work is holding a horror filmmaking contest. But it hasn't begun yet (it begins tomorrow we hope). Is anyone intersted in knowing details? FYI this could really be an awesome opp for some of you... but I don't wanna seem like I'm a nazi spammer so its your call.

btw has anyone ever seen Funny Games? does that count as horror? That movie's insane.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Funny Games is brilliant. I'm a little upset to see it remade in English, but at least Micheal Haneke is doing it - with Naomi Watts and Tim Roth no less.

I'd call it a crime thriller, but I certainly wouldn't argue with anyone who calls it horror.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 09-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Lupolux

Quote:
Originally posted by Roderick Usher
Funny Games is brilliant. I'm a little upset to see it remade in English, but at least Micheal Haneke is doing it - with Naomi Watts and Tim Roth no less.

I'd call it a crime thriller, but I certainly wouldn't argue with anyone who calls it horror.
I didn't even know it was being remade. I saw it a couple years ago and it nearly traumatized me! Naomi Watts? But Tim Roth is awesome. I guess I would call it horror over thriller because of the effect it had on me. It wasn't suspensful so much as sick and terrifying.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:25 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

****SPOILERS*****

Very intense film, but I couldn't be too upset by it because of the "wink" to the camera and the "rewinding" sequence.

Those little details took me out of the terror of the situation and injected a hint of black comedy and just enough self-awareness to take the edge off.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 09-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

dark film
Old 09-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Lupolux

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
dark film
DEFINITELY dark. Thats exactly the kind of film a student could make with a really low budget and have it be abslutely terrifying. FYI I think that kinds of horror counts as horror for my work's contest.

Remember when Tim Roth "came out" about his childhood abuse on TV? That was nuts.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Lupolux

oh should I have posted the contest details elsewhere? They got kinda lost in the mix there... I don't wanna nag if nobody is interested, but it would be a shame if people missed out on this. What do you think?