Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows

View Poll Results: What is the place for horror on TV?
Fearnet 0 0%
Chiller 1 20.00%
SyFy 0 0%
AMC 1 20.00%
Other/None of the above 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Horror Fan

Best Horror Network?

Milling around the channels and thought I'd ask what is HDC's channel of choice. Take your pick.:cool:

Last edited by MichaelMyers; 09-27-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Cranky

TCM - Turner Classic Movies.

You won't find all the really crappy recent horror films you can find on Fearnet, or the really crappy made for TV horror films on ScyFy, but I consider that a plus. I don't get Chiller, so I can't comment on that, but AMC is a complete joke, as far as watching movies goes. They have an insane amount of commercials and they cut heir films. You can't beat The Walking Dead, though.

So, my choice is TCM. Always uncut, commercial free. They show a decent amount of horror & sci fi films in their regular rotatation, particularly classics from the 30s & 40s, as well as Hammer films, and the have TCM Underground, which features real strange films, like Sonny Boy, which is impossible to find. And their lineup every October is stunning.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 09-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
TCM - Turner Classic Movies.

You won't find all the really crappy recent horror films you can find on Fearnet, or the really crappy made for TV horror films on ScyFy, but I consider that a plus. I don't get Chiller, so I can't comment on that, but AMC is a complete joke, as far as watching movies goes. They have an insane amount of commercials and they cut heir films. You can't beat The Walking Dead, though.

So, my choice is TCM. Always uncut, commercial free. They show a decent amount of horror & sci fi films in their regular rotatation, particularly classics from the 30s & 40s, as well as Hammer films, and the have TCM Underground, which features real strange films, like Sonny Boy, which is impossible to find. And their lineup every October is stunning.
I'd have to agree with NE. TCM is great for classic horror. SyFy is good if you're into their kinds of programs but nothing else. Chiller is horrible.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Banned

With the internet capabilities available on my blu-ray, gaming systems, and my Roku player I have given up completely on cable. I cancelled my cable last January. With all the options available(netflix, hulu, Epix, etc.) I haven't missed any of my favorite shows or movies. I even hook my laptop to my big screen and watch new releases from veetle as well, not to mention what you can get with bit torrents. I think cable as we knew it is quickly becoming a dinosaur. Who wants to pay outrageous prices when you can simply watch anything you want for the price of high speed internet?

Also, I highly recommend Roku to anyone. I recently paid a whopping 4 bucks for 2 classic horror movie channels.Thats for a year subscription too. It also has weather, news, and games. If you are looking to slash a bill, check out Roku and cancel your cable!(no I was not paid for this, I'm just a fan):D

Also, when I did have cable I liked Fearnet on demand the best.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:42 AM
From The Beyond

The UK's horror channel-its finally reaching its peak this year after its terrible early years
Old 10-03-2011, 05:17 AM
Living Dead

Idk I only watch syfy for ghost hunters and when they feel like showing tales from the darkside but other than that I just use online to watch things plus they chop up movies like the exorcist so many scenes are left out