Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
Mortuary Owner May Face Charges For Decomposing Corpses

A well-known Griffin funeral home owner could face criminal charges Thursday after police found a decomposing body at his business along with 20 unclaimed cremated bodies.

Roger Miller is said to be in his 80s and has run a funeral home for many years. Now, he could face criminal charges for supposedly not having proper credentials and mishandling human remains.

Griffin police and state investigators raided Miller’s funeral home following a complaint about a mishandled body. The decomposing body of the woman was found and has been moved to another funeral home while the family prepares for a funeral Thursday at a local church. The pastor of the church knows the funeral home director personally and said everyone is stunned by the allegations.

Roger Miller said he had no comment on the investigations.

Griffin police plan to meet with the district attorney, possibly as early as Thursday to discuss potential charges of tampering with a body, embalming without a license and false swearing.
yes, i know so much is so ordinary, so coarse, and so vulgar. but survival is simply not enough. nowhere near.
what's the point of surviving? survive what? don't you realize you're going to die? f*ck your missions, your crusade.
i demand and expect quality.
right now, once and for all.
quality time.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:52 AM
Waste Disposer

I wonder if this was the 'based on real events' idea for the last Law and Order?