Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies

Old 08-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
I know it is as if you remember watching the movie in your past, but as hard as you try, you cannot seem to recall the title, even if it is on the tip of your tongue. What gets me, though, is that I have asked almost everywhere what are the rest of the movies from the opening credits of "Ernest Scared Stupid", as well as the rest of the movies from the montage of horror clips from the Universal Horror Make-up Show, and no one seems to know the answer. It is very strange to me, but I guess these clips are from arcane movies. I know that no one has watched every film known to humanity, but if someone does not know the answer to my question, he or she can simply, "I am sorry, I just do not know", instead of just leaving me hanging. I know someone knows what clips these mysterious scenes are from, but I know it is taking a lot out of me just to find them out, even though I know I know them, and even though I know I will never give up trying to find out what they are. No one has to respond to this post, but please ask around, I would appreciate it a lot. If you want to see the clips from the opening credits of "Ernest Scared Stupid", or the montage of horror clips from the Universal Horror Make-up Show, just go to these links, and I hope they are accurate.

"Ernest Scared Stupid":

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=3508929

(The clips I am asking about are the clip of the castle on the hillside (the first clip shown) and the clip of the young man space zombie (the clip after a shot of Ernest, being directly after a clip of a woman screaming from a window and directly before a clip of the Phantom of Space in a lumberyard)

"Universal Horror Make-up Show":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv3Uo...eature=related (4:00 to 4:47)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SbwRVXFm_Q

(The clips I am asking about are the clip of the blue headed zombie (first clip shown), cloaked figure (third clip shown), monster with claws/tentacles (two clips after the clip of the Crypt Keeper), head shaking after it raises from the ground and monster elongating a girl's jaw making her mouth look bigger (the two clips before a clip of a female vampire taking off someone's head), dark brown disembodied head seen on the ground, old woman being terrified by someone or something wearing an evil jester (?) mask, and extreme close-up shot of a woman (?) face (zooming until we see her (?) left eye); the three last clips are near the end of the sequence)

These sequences are not that long, they are briefly a minute, but if you want to answer my question, but not watch the sequences, because they may be taking up your time, or you just do not care. You can try to think about what the mysterious movies could be just by thinking about the given information, or if you want to ask around, just be as informational as you can be, I am very sure someone will eventually get them. I am very sorry my two posts annoyed the heck out of all of you it is just I am just completely lost. I will stop bothering all of you now.

Horrorman
Old 08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Banned

ob·sess (əb-sěs', ŏb-) Pronunciation Key
v. ob·sessed, ob·sess·ing, ob·sess·es

v. tr.
To preoccupy the mind of excessively.

v. intr.
To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic:
Old 08-12-2008, 04:14 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorman View Post
"Brain from Planet Arous, the"
I always vaguely wondered where that iconic brain-fighting scene came from. I've seen it used in multiple movie/tv montages.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:18 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Me thinks you need to lay off the PCP, horrorman.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Evil Dead

Yes, I am obsessed. So what? There is nothing wrong about trying to find out movies, if you really want to. Anyway, thanks for all your help, now I feel so much better.

Horrorman
Old 09-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Evil Dead

I was wondering, is it possible that the two scenes were just created for the movies? The other clips are from actual movies, but since no one seems to know what the mysterious clips are from, they might have been made for the movie themselves.

I am sure there are many black and white movies featuring dark castles on hillsides with grayish clouds rolling around the blackish sky, and lightning reflecting on the castle, making its windows exposed, but I have checked out many movies as possible with castles on hilltops, and none of them seem to be what I am looking for. The scene looks like it is from a William Castle or Vincent Price movie, but it is definitely something in the vein of Dracula or Frankenstein. Something, however, echoes "living dead" for some strange reason, but I am not sure, it might just be a haunted castle movie.

The quick clip of the man getting white light reflected on him might just be a clip of someone from the cast and crew of "Ernest Scared Stupid", or a clip of Ernest (Jim Varney) himself, but it looks like it is from a space opera 60's movie, maybe something in the vein of "Mad Max." The background is black colored, but has a reddish purple light. The man has a normal head and body, but there is blackish texture around the right side of his eye and the tip of his nose. His eyes seem to be shut for some reason, maybe he is a blind zombie. The man has a bluish purple shirt, green pants, a black watch on his right side, a belt pack, brown curly hair (he looks like a combination between Heath Ledger and Kurt Russell), and a name "Buck ..." on his shirt, below the name, there is a logo that resembles a skull with two tusks, the skull seems to be on top of a diamond like logo, maybe a musical logo, there are two more words, but I cannot make them out. The man (maybe in his late 30's early 40's) acts like a zombie.

Here is something interesting. One of the movies featured in the opening credits is "Battle Beyond the Sun", the clips from that movie featured here are in black and white, but the original clips are in color, so maybe the castle scene is from a colorized movie, and maybe the space scene is from a black and white movie.

Here is another factoid. During the ending credits, there are two acknowledgments. One is "main title footage by Sinister Cinema" and another is "additional footage by Wade Williams Inc."; I emailed Sinister Cinema, showed them snapshots of these clips, and they did not recognize these clips, so I am thinking the two clips could be from the Wade Williams Inc. company, if that helps any.

O-k, I know these movies might be from rarely known movies, but do these movies seem familiar to anyone? I know I asked a lot, but I am very curious, and since I found out all of the other movies from the opening credits, I would like to find these out, too. I am so close. Please help, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Horrorman

P.S. If you want to look at the sequence again, it is listed on this thread.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Evil Dead

I still have no idea what these two clips are from, but the castle clip looks like it is from "White Zombie", maybe an unedited version of the film, and the man clip could be from "Battle Beyond the Stars", or a space opera "B" movie featuring a young man space zombie ranger. Here are the links.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...danman/Man.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...man/Castle.jpg

Please let me know if any of you know what clips these movies may be from, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Horrorman
Old 10-18-2008, 09:04 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorman View Post
Here is another factoid. During the ending credits, there are two acknowledgments. One is "main title footage by Sinister Cinema" and another is "additional footage by Wade Williams Inc."; I emailed Sinister Cinema, showed them snapshots of these clips, and they did not recognize these clips, so I am thinking the two clips could be from the Wade Williams Inc. company, if that helps any.
I think I've mentioned this before - though I can't find a post in this thread - but the Wade Williams thing is more than likely an Ed Wood movie. Plan 9, Bride of the Monster, Night of the Ghouls, ect.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
I think I've mentioned this before - though I can't find a post in this thread - but the Wade Williams thing is more than likely an Ed Wood movie. Plan 9, Bride of the Monster, Night of the Ghouls, ect.
That's because there's a thread similar to this over in Modern, authored by horrorman. Ernest threads tend to stick out in my memory. :D
Old 10-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Evil Dead

I posted the thread regarding the movies from the opening credits for this film several years back, and I thought I would give it another shot.

I looked up Wade Williams Productions a few years back, not Wade Williams Inc., and it seems some of the movies from the opening credits are also from Sinister Cinema, such as:

"Missile to the Moon"
"The Hideous Sun Demon"
"The Giant Gila Monster"

"The Brain from Planet Arous", also from the opening credits, is also from Wade Williams Productions, but not from Sinister Cinema.

Anyways, I do not think the people who did the film will ever reveal the movies, why I will never know, but if there is ever going to be a special edition for the DVD, I hope they do.

Horrorman