Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-07-2007, 09:18 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

HATCHET opens today!!!!!!!

HATCHET

Adam Green's superb, silly and truly fun old school slasher flick (seriously it feels like it was lost on a shelf somewhere for 20 years) opens today.

Go seek it out! Tell your friends! See it more than once!

Seriously, if you are longing for original horror movies that aren't remakes or sequels or adaptations of J-Horror, it's your duty to find this film at a theater near you.

This one was made out of pure love for the genre on a shoestring budget and it fucking rules!!!!!

If you want more movies like this one to be released in the theaters, you need to go support it in the theaters!!!!

http://www.hatchetmovie.com/

It's a perfect bloody confection to wash the sour taste of Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN out of your mouth:D

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 09-07-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

I can't see it because, none of the stupid theaters near me are playing it :mad:
Old 09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
I can't see it because, none of the stupid theaters near me are playing it :mad:
Ditto.......:(
Old 09-07-2007, 03:59 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

from the Hatchet website:

Call Your Local Theaters! We're getting word that there are theaters playing HATCHET that aren't on our list yet. Check with your local theaters! Just because it's not on our list- it doesn't mean it's not playing near you!

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 09-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
My local theaters are jackasses, I called in and whatnot when "The Tripper" was released, they just talked to me like I was stupid (I am, but they didn't know that). In short-I'm still fucking waiting anxiously to see "The Tripper" and I'm sure the same thing will happen with "Hatchet".

The nearest theater playing it is about 3 hours away, so 3 hours + 1.5 hour movie + 3 hours=7.5 hours devoted to seeing a movie I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive I'll like.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:48 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

A couple of shots from the SOLD OUT L.A. Screening last night!:D Adam kept on recieving text messages from Anchor Bay telling him that the HATCHET screenings in NY, Austin, Boston, Philly, Chicago and others had all sold out as well, so there's a chance of the film getting a wider release!!!!!!

With make-up effects whiz and all-around cool guy, John Carl Beuchler

And the man himself Adam Green.

The screening was a riot with most of the cast in attendance as well as locai horror scenesters John Gulager, Joe Lynch, Ryan Rotten, Spooky Dan, Del Howison and others.

A great time was had by all and Adam showed off (and gave away) The first Victor Crowley Halloween mask!

Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 09-08-2007 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:57 AM
HDC Resident Cynic

I called AMC here in Omaha, and they said it would probably NOT be showing here. :mad: The closest place showing it is K.C. :rolleyes:
@ Rod, Nice pics....LUCKY!!!:)
Old 09-08-2007, 05:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Man, it isn't playing here either :mad: . Hopefully it does get more theaters in action, i'm honestly really looking forward to it and have been for over a year now. Nice picks you son-of-a-B!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:31 PM
whatever gets you through

it is playing here and i was going to go and take thirty of my friends. . .but then rod recommended it and i decided to go see Bratz: the movie instead
Old 09-08-2007, 08:48 PM
For Vendetta

Reports were coming in all night that Adam Green's slasher favorite had sold out in Detroit, Los Angeles, New York City, Baltimore, Austin, and many others.

If you are in one of the areas and haven't yet seen the film - get your ass in gear! Anchor Bay is fully prepared to roll the film out into wider release if this weekend's numbers continue to impress.