Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
FIRST I turned my 360 from HORIZONTAL to VERTICAL because it was overheating... Now fiddling with the internet cord (because it wasn't connecting to XBox Live), the Xbox tipped over COMPLETELY TOTALLING MY BRAND NEW COPY OF BIOSHOCK 2. :madmadmad:

*VENTING*

I don't usually use this place to vent, but I'm pretty pissed. Sure, I was clumsy, but tipping the damn thing over completely totals the disk inside? Really? REALLY?!

And I just got Bioshock 2. From my wonderful boyfriend. For Valentine's Day/my Birthday. !@#$% MICROSOFT.
Easy fix... kind of. I just did this last night at a party (dropped a chair on my running XBox and RUINED Modern Warfare 2). Just borrow a copy and install it to your hard drive. You can run it with the chewed up disc that way. OR take it to a pawn shop or video rental store, most will buff discs. The pawn shop here charges $1.00 a disc and it works great (I got Oblivion for $1.00 and plan on fixing my MW2 so I can install my XBLArcade games again).
Old 02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
HDC Idol

I probably should have fixed the disc, but it looked really scratched up...

Regardless, my new copy of Bioshock 2 came in the mail and my 360 is now doing the horizontal mamba on top of my original Xbox. HIO. :eek:

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Little Boo

The fragility (or rather, reported fragility) of the hardware makes me hesitant to get an xbox360 right now.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Deviant

Quote:
Originally Posted by curved View Post
The fragility (or rather, reported fragility) of the hardware makes me hesitant to get an xbox360 right now.
Everything is fragile.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
FIRST I turned my 360 from HORIZONTAL to VERTICAL because it was overheating... Now fiddling with the internet cord (because it wasn't connecting to XBox Live), the Xbox tipped over COMPLETELY TOTALLING MY BRAND NEW COPY OF BIOSHOCK 2. :madmadmad:

*VENTING*

I don't usually use this place to vent, but I'm pretty pissed. Sure, I was clumsy, but tipping the damn thing over completely totals the disk inside? Really? REALLY?!

And I just got Bioshock 2. From my wonderful boyfriend. For Valentine's Day/my Birthday. !@#$% MICROSOFT.

Microsoft makes crappy products look at Vista. 360 has had nothing but problems since it's release. I bought a great Imac, I dual boot windows 7 for games which I would play on 360 except with PC I have better graphics, free DLC, mods, better controls and reliability in my hardware. I traded in my 360 for a Wii and have never been happier. I had two 360's die in a year, one stopped reading disc's three months in and the other froze all the time from over heating and eventually red ringed. Wii and PC games are all I need.

Last edited by Deimos; 03-20-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
the thing to do is keep you xbox upright and in a placce where you cant knock it over. if its laying down it will normally collect dust and then youll get a red ring, but if you knock it down standing up it will destory your cd.

Click for B-Movie reviews!

Last edited by The Mothman; 03-20-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Quote:
It's a "known issue" too: Apparently the XBox comes with a warning on the disc slot, "Don't move your console while there is a game inside," but I just ripped through it when setting it up. No one reads that stuff, but it's so that Microsoft can cover their own ass. That's poorly-done hardware.
It's actually pretty hard to miss that notice, it's the first thing I saw before opening my tray. It is a expensive machine, I didn't purchase it to ruin it, so you should read everything before using. That's what it's there for, to make sure you understand/work the product properly. I've had my fair share of 360's, I'm currently on number four, due to the Red Rings of Death. I sent them in got the system repaired for free, sold it on ebay and bought a new one everytime. I have recently switched over to Playstation 3 though. I have all 3 current Gen game systems and I have to say my favorite is still Xbox. And yes you should get Bioshock 2 very good game as was the first!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
the thing to do is keep you xbox upright and in a placce where you cant knock it over. if its laying down it will normally collect dust and then youll get a red ring, but if you knock it down standing up it will destory your cd.

This is true.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Banned

looks like another one bites the dust. I believe this will be the 5th 360 I've had to replace. Thank god I bought the Best Buy warranty , which I won't buy on the new machine.......that one goes and I buy a PS3
Old 04-11-2010, 08:01 AM
I Am Violence

Same thing happened with my Left 4 Dead 2 Disc T_T