Old 08-17-2014, 11:59 AM
For Vendetta

Sinister 2

Focus Features announced today the cast and synopsis of the sequel, and it includes one character from the first film.

According to Collider, filming on Sinister 2 will begin in Chicago next week. Actress Shannyn Sossamon is taking the lead role as a mom of twin 9-year-old boys, played by Robert and Dartanian Sloan. Symbolizing a connection to the first film is the returning character of James Ransone’s “Deputy So and So.” Here’s the film’s official synopsis (via Collider):

Quote:
“In the aftermath of the shocking events in Sinister, a protective mother (Shannyn Sossamon of Wayward Pines) and her 9-year-old twin sons (real-life twins Robert and Dartanian Sloan) find themselves in a rural house marked for death. James Ransone, who portrayed the concerned sheriff’s deputy in Sinister, will be reprising his character in Sinister 2.”
We recently reported that Scott Derrickson, director of 2012′s Ethan-Hawke starring Sinister, is handing the directing reigns of the sequel to Ciaran Foy (Citadel). Derrickson is staying involved as a producer, and he also co-wrote Sinister 2‘s script with C. Robert Cargill. The duo also scripted the first film, which stayed true to efficient Blumhouse Productions form by hauling in more than $87 million on a $3 million budget. Also producing the sequel is Jason Blum.

SOURCE - Collider
Old 08-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Horror Fan

Thumbs up

Best news I've heard all day. May the Sinister franchise begin.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Evil Dead

I haven't seen Sinister, but it's on my list for reviewing this month (I think next Monday), and I'm really looking forward to watching it.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I haven't seen Sinister, but it's on my list for reviewing this month (I think next Monday), and I'm really looking forward to watching it.
See it ASAP, with the lights off.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Evil is Better

I didn't really like Sinister all that much, got bored with all the endless research scenes but i may give it a second look

Old 08-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
And at night with a few drinks. The movie is great.

I think I remember being concerned about a sequel when I reviewed Sinister. But Shannyn Sossamon is usually pretty good. I'm trying to forget that horrible Asian horror remake she was in. But I'm sure that movie wasn't her fault.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Okay, watching it now with my friend on skype and the lights off.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Evil Dead

I can only hope it's as good as the first one!!!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Scares Little Kids

I agree, if this is good as the first one, then I am definitely going to see this one. I really enjoyed the first one.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:52 AM
Little Boo

Sinister Soundtrack

Sinister rocked, but the SOUNDTRACK was awesome. Best in years. Surprised more people don't talk about that.

http://wickedhorror.com/features/hor...-horror-music/