Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Dead Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Any word on a sequel yet?
Haven't heard any talk of a sequel yet.

With that being said, it's F13, of course there'll be several sequels
That and they left it wide open for anther one
Old 02-15-2009, 04:11 AM
Don't close your eyes

I haven't seen the remake yet, but it has to be coming out fairly soon. I have watched a preview of it, and i am expecting big things.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Scares Little Kids

I saw this remake last night at the movies, and it rocked. Always been a huge Jason fan and this is a good remake.

Feel`s a little bit weird since it is a remake, a mix of the movies.. and all the previous deeds and killings has been undone. It all starts over you know.. Guess after being in space and all that bs its hard to make a good sequel.

But anyways good remake, money well spent. All the orginal ingredients from dumb broads flashing their tits and a sexfreakingeak loner to the black guy that comes with some racial comments. You all know the deal:P Them bitches gets what coming to em:cool:

Classic slashermovie to say the least. Thumbs up.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Evil Dead

I also loved it.

The Friday series is my favorite horror series of all time. It's not the *best*, mind you, but it's my favorite. Friday the 13th part 5 was the earliest one I remember watching when I was 6 years old and by the time I got to college I owned all of them, watched them almost every day, and to this day I still fall asleep to a Friday movie multiple times a month.

Other than the 1st one and possibly the 4th, it's the best made movie out of all of them. It seems like the director went to great lengths to make Jason actually look scary again, and I really appreciated that (The shot of him on top of the house, and the shot of his shadow behind the girl in the tent were just amazing shots to me).

It really feels like the sequel that should have been part 3...and if you think of it like an alternate split universe or something, it could totally fit right there.
One thing I noticed that was probably un-intentional....there was a wheelchair in the den. If you think of this like the unmade part 3, that could totally be the wheelchair of the guy he killed in part 2. ;)

Overall, I'll be buying it the day it comes out and adding it into my rotation with all of my other Jason movies.

-D

Last edited by UngodlyWarlock; 02-15-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Just witnessed it. Some spoilers ahead.

There were some "fun" parts. But it was a bit sparse on the big guy. The first 15 or so minutes I felt were unnecessary, pretty much everyone knows about his mother, and the kids around the campfire told the story again anyway. Jason kidnapping a girl seemed like it wasn't needed either. And I agree with Rod about the out-of-focus stuff. I do wish there were more body discoveries too, those were my favorite parts of the old movies, when the survivors happened upon one of their friends. Better than Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason Goes To Hell, and Jason X. But nowhere near as good as Jason Lives and the prior.

4.5/10

P.S.: Was the old "She's dead!" woman supposed to be the new Crazy Ralph?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to La Chat Noire
I thought it was all right. I liked that it didn't take itself too seriously and had fun with some standard horror cliches. I felt that this version of Jason was a very different killer than the previous movies. He seemed more intense and like he was making a bigger effort to get his kills. I'm used to seeing Jason walk after his victims instead of running. I liked that they put a little bit of a different spin on his character for the remake.

I thought the beginning with Mrs. Vorrhees was unneccesary but I actually kind of liked the extended intro with the group of campers. I've gotten used to intros being a 5 minute or less clip so once in awhile I like to see a movie stray from the standard formula.

All in all, it was a fun watch. Not quite worth the $9.25 ticket price, and it's certainly no work of horror genius but I did enjoy myself.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
For Vendetta

The BO loves it alright...it has broken the record...

Warner Bros./New Line’s redo “Friday the 13th” scared up the best opening ever for a horror movie in grossing an estimated $42.2 million from 3,105 theaters through Sunday.

Film, breathing new life into the classic franchise, is on its way to posting the best four-day holiday gross ever for a R-rated pic. Studios will report four-day numbers for President’s Day weekend on Monday.

Paramount is a partner on “Friday,” which was produced by Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes. Production budget was $19 million, meaning the film recouped those costs in its first day in release (Friday’s gross was $19.4 million.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Any word on a sequel yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
The BO loves it alright...it has broken the record...

Warner Bros./New Line’s redo “Friday the 13th” scared up the best opening ever for a horror movie in grossing an estimated $42.2 million from 3,105 theaters through Sunday.
Paramount is a partner on “Friday,” which was produced by Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes. Production budget was $19 million, meaning the film recouped those costs in its first day in release (Friday’s gross was $19.4 million.
Surely...there will be at least another one within 2 or 3 years.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Chat Noire View Post
I'm used to seeing Jason walk after his victims instead of running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USdL3CAa7H4

Funny thing is many people "remember" that from him, myself included, while it was not the case before part VI!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning in Hell View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USdL3CAa7H4

Funny thing is many people "remember" that from him, myself included, while it was not the case before part VI!
It bugged me more that he could rig up an underground tunnel fixed up with lights and all.