Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 10-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
Garage sale goes violent when seller stabbed with pitchfork

PORT ST. LUCIE -- He's seen machetes, utensils and knives.

"A pitchfork?" asked Officer Robert Vega, police spokesman. "Now I've seen it all."

That was Vega's reaction to a Wednesday report of a garage sale turned violent, an argument between buyer and seller that allegedly ended with the buyer using a pitchfork to stab the seller in the hand.

Clebert Leger, 40, of the 2200 block of Southeast Mariola Avenue, was arrested on an aggravated battery charge.

Freddy Rich, 47, sustained an injury consistent with his account of "being stuck with a pitchfork," an arrest affidavit states.

The 6 p.m. incident in the 2200 block of Southeast Manor Avenue happened as Rich conducted a garage sale.

According to police, Leger wanted to buy $160 worth of merchandise, but didn't have enough money. He went to an ATM and returned with $100, saying he wanted to take the items then and come back Thursday with $60.

"F. Rich told C. Leger either give him the cash now or write a check for the full amount," the report states. "F. Rich stated that C. Leger started a verbal argument and told C. Leger several times to get off his property."

With that, Leger allegedly grabbed a couple of knives that were on sale and "was going to attack" Rich, who told Leger he'd use pepper spray on Leger if he didn't leave.

Leger then "went into more of a rage" and dropped the knives before grabbing a pitchfork from the garage and stabbing Rich in the hand.

Leger told police that Rich kept his $100, but Rich and his 20-year-old son denied taking money from Leger.

"C. Leger stated that F. Rich was the one who got mad and grabbed an axe and was going to attack him," the report shows.

When an officer explained to Leger that Rich's injury was a puncture as opposed to a slice, Leger then said Rich got the puncture wounds when he grabbed the pitchfork to attack him.

"As my investigation and questions went on . . . I noticed C. Leger was not able to keep the same statement," the report states.

Leger was released Thursday from the St. Lucie County jail on $10,000 bail, a jail official said.
------------------------------
more overreaction....
i demand and expect quality.
right now, once and for all.
quality time.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Fear scented candle

"sustained an injury consistent with his account of "being stuck with a pitchfork,""

Funniest line in the whole thing. Like they were going to say "Witnesses saw him stabbed with a pitchfork, but he sustatained injuries consistant with being pummeled with hard salami. Which was weird."
Old 11-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Banned

this is why i love going to garage sales - but hate hosting them.

they always end up with someone stabbing you with your own pitchfork.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Fear scented candle

I agree.. being the stab-er is much better than being the stab-ee.

I prefer an overhead chop with a dirt rake, but since you cant count on every garage sale having one (unlike a pitchfork), i bring my own. I love it when the hosts say "Why arent you buying anything? Why are you hitting my husband with that? WHAY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME!?"

Haha... Good times...
Old 11-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Banned

i'll give you 5$ for the pitchfork.

"sorry pal, i'm asking 10 for it."

"well, lemme see it"

stab stab ...

"do i get a 5$ discount on account its all sticky now ?"
Old 11-19-2006, 04:15 AM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
LOL..
ok now have seen it all ..er heard it all
Old 11-19-2006, 09:28 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
That's for trying to sell things that you should have put in the garbage!

Old 11-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
That's for trying to sell things that you should have put in the garbage!

thats true you know ..

more than once i've followed goddamn signs all over the place - wasting gas - to a destination that promises to be a HUGE garage sale .. only to get there and find that they've done little more than empty their garbage pails onto ratty old blankets on the lawn.

i'd lovingly stab them through the head with a pitchfork for wasting my time and gas.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Fear scented candle

there is palce down the street from where i live where they perplexingly have yard sales on every non-rainy day of the summer. They are usually selling old doors, windows that look like they came from a 30 year old trailer, rusted hub caps, various rusted internal car parts, broken lawn gnomes...

And they look like ultra-backwoods white ttrash versions of Darrel and Darrel from Newhart...

And as a testament to just what scumbag shithole town i live in, most of the time, there are people there browsing....
Old 11-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Haha! Sounds like most of the flea markets around here. Some vendors actually have new stuff or stuff they've made. The one I used to go to to get comic books, the booth next to the vendor was just full of junk. Shoes that looked like they had been worn for 20 years, various auto parts just thrown here and there. You wouldn't believe how full his booth was all the time. People were going nuts over the stuff.

Where I work, we sort out used auto parts & trash the ones companies don't want back or are defective. We have to constantly chase hicks out of our dumpster. People love our trash:p