Old 08-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Evil Dead

[REC]
Really scary Spanish found footage flick. I have a review on my channel if you want a more in depth review.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Banned

El Retorno del Hombre Lobo -- 8.5/10; I'm finally delving into Paul Naschy's filmography and kicking myself for putting it off. Here we see the wolfman battling vampires, a mummy, and the Countess Bathory.,with the order of the day being extensive histrionics that give the action scenes a haunted-attraction vibe. None of it comes off particularly schlocky, though, as the sets are well crafted and the scenes are shot in a painterly fashion. This will become a staple in my Halloween playlist.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:40 AM
Evil Dead

Watched In Fear back on Thursday. Review is in my signature.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Banned

La Noche de Walpurgis -- 7/10; Lesbo vamps prancing in slow mo, a werewolf with a drooling problem, a nod to Tombs of the Blind Dead...yep, this is a good time.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Banned

Vortice Mortale -- 3.5/10; Three vixens play a little too rough with their conquests. Most of the horror either passive or after the fact, which makes for a dull watch.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:03 AM
Banned

La Rose de Fer -- 10/10; One of the richest horror films I have ever seen. As the characters become lost in a vast cemetery and in their contemplation of death, so too does the viewer. It seems to have inspired various parts of Dellamorte Dellamore.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Heathen View Post
La Rose de Fer -- 10/10; One of the richest horror films I have ever seen. As the characters become lost in a vast cemetery and in their contemplation of death, so too does the viewer. It seems to have inspired various parts of Dellamorte Dellamore.

I can't wait to look into this movie. I've been desperate for stuff to watch lately. Huge fan of Cemetery Man so I'm sure I'll like it.

I recently watched Lisa and the Devil, a Bava film from the 70's. Not sure what I'd rate it but I actually quite enjoyed it. It had some cheesy, romantic qualities but all in all it was very interesting and fun to watch.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Evil Dead

I think I found the most disturbing foreign movie yet.....

Salo (1975)

I rented it by disc through Netflix. I am not sure how to describe this movie other than if you have a weak stomach, don't bother watching it. I don't think I can even rate it.......

Old 09-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
Salo (1975)

I rented it by disc through Netflix. I am not sure how to describe this movie other than if you have a weak stomach, don't bother watching it. I don't think I can even rate it.......
I honestly thought Salo was pretty repetitive, and any "deeper meaning" was completely lost on me.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:17 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I honestly thought Salo was pretty repetitive, and any "deeper meaning" was completely lost on me.
I know what you mean; ,it's like I kept expecting something more to come out of it. If there was any symbolism, it went straight over my head.