Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
Return of the living dead. Great zombie movie in my opinion.
One of the best!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:53 AM
I am the turtle lord

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
One of the best!
Yep. Awesome film awesome effects.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Banned

The Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen

most of the added stuff was unnecessary but the spider walk was pretty cool
Old 09-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Handler of the New Flesh

Children of the Corn (1984)

It's alright, still think it's overrated though.
"I stood there. Stood there and stared in amazement and cold horror at the pulsing, quivering organs clinging to the oozing pink flesh." -- Goosebumps #61: I Live In Your Basement
Old 09-29-2014, 10:19 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon Naga View Post

The ratings are pretty universally average to below average. The film is more famous than the film warrants. The name, idea, and/or the marketing, really made a slash.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:31 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE STEPFATHER (1987). Wife and I have been watching LOST on NETFLIX and amazed she had never seen this before. Terry O'Quinn is really good as the psycho who wants the perfect family and unravels when things don't work out. You really want things to work out for him and the explosive violence scenes are quite jarring. Worth seeing although you'll be amazed at how lax the police force is here and knowing they would have nabbed him years ago with DNA testing. ***1/2
Love that movie!! I watched it when I was a teenager. Terry O'Quinn plays a great psycho!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
The Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen

most of the added stuff was unnecessary but the spider walk was pretty cool
Love the spider walk!!!! I just watched this myself the other day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
The ratings are pretty universally average to below average. The film is more famous than the film warrants. The name, idea, and/or the marketing, really made a slash.
As a teen of the 80's, Children of the Corn was one that always stuck out. At that time, it was a creepy movie.

Funny story.....my friends and I would try to scare the crap out of each other by running around in a corn field late at night yelling "Children of the Corn". Someone always ended up screaming. Oh, those silly things you do

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-30-2014 at 01:48 AM. Reason: back-to-back posts. Please use the "EDIT"/"MULTI" button if posting within 30 minutes.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon Naga View Post

Almost everyone I talk to hates it, and I have to agree. It's one of the most boring and silly horror movies I've seen.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:52 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Let's Jessica to Death: 8.5/10

I finally managed to watch this film; I have been wanting to watch it for a while. I have to say I really enjoyed this film. At times, it felt a little standard, but that changed as the film went on. I was definitely wondering exactly what was going on throughout the film. I figured out certain things, but did not know what they meant. I definitely did not see the ending coming. Another thing was I was able to connect with the characters particularly Jessica. I often wondered if what was happening was real or imagined. They played that angle real well. I definitely agree that the film had a very eerie and creepy feeling. I was definitely on edge at several points. This was enhanced by the simple, piercing score. The film also seemed to posses a somber, depressing feel like as if the situation was hopeless. Overall, an excellent film.

Last edited by metternich1815; 10-03-2014 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
Let's Jessica to Death: 8.5/10

I finally managed to watch this film; I have been wanting to watch it for a while. I have to say I really enjoyed this film. At times, it felt a little standard, but that changed as the film went on. I was definitely wondering exactly what was going on throughout the film. I figured out certain things, but did not know what they meant. I definitely did not see the ending coming. Another thing was I was able to connect with the characters particularly Jessica. I often wondered if what was happening was real or imagined. They played that angle real well. I definitely agree that the film had a very eerie and creepy feeling. I was definitely on edge at several points. This was enhanced by the simple, piercing score. The film also seemed to posses a somber, depressing feel like as if the situation was hopeless. Overall, an excellent film.
hmmmmm......I have not seen this one yet, I will have to check it out.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Evil Dead

House Of Dark Shadows (1970)
-Jonathan Frid

Plot: Released from his coffin, after 200 years, by local drunk Willie Loomis, vampire Barnabas Collins goes on a killing spree, while at the same time charming his modern era relatives. Soon he meets local girl Maggie Evans and becomes convinced she is the reincarnation of his long dead fiancee Josette and he plans to go through with the wedding.

Phantoms Review: One of my all time favorite vampire movies. Even if you've never seen the tv show, you can follow this movie. This is a well made, well acted horror story. The plot is based on a story from the show, but condensed down to movie length. The film has kind of a Hammer Films style to it and it works well. This is a fun entertaining movie.