Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Call Me Snake

Send a message via AIM to Plissken Send a message via Yahoo to Plissken
The Crazies

This is my second fav Romero film (first being NOTLD). Although this really is a zombie films without the zombies (like Assault on Precinct 13 is NOTLD without the zombies but a massive gang instead) I still find this move very creepy especilly the song at the end. This a has a very down beat ending (I like downbeat endings for some reason). Any seen this? Anyone else think this movie would a brilliant game as well
________
marijuana card

Last edited by Plissken; 01-24-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Banned

Downbeat endings are awesome. Hell, downbeat anything is awesome. I say, put the characters through hell. Torture them, kill their family while they're forced to watch, take a limb, take everything else from them, and just when they're about to get some solice, some peace, kill them. Not the second after, the second before. That = A Good Movie
Old 01-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Re: The Crazies

Quote:
Originally posted by Plissken
This is my second fav Romero film (first being NOTLD). Although this really is a zombie films without the zombies (like Assault on Precinct 13 is NOTLD without the zombies but a massive gang instead) I still find this move very creepy especilly the song at the end. This a has a very down beat ending (I like downbeat endings for some reason). Any seen this?
It's my favorite non-zombie Romero movie. I love the part when the granny is knitting, calm as can be, and then gets up and stabs the guy to death. The priest setting himself on fire was pretty jaw-dropping too. Romero has a knack for downbeat endings. The DVD is excellent.

Assault on Precinct 13 is more Rio Bravo BTW...with a dash of NOTLD.