Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

My first time watching this. My little Princess was adoring Dorothy throughout the film, and let out yelps of joy every time Toto hit the screen. I am glad I caught up with this classic - one of the finest films ever made, IMO. Need to get the Blu Ray asap.

* * * * ½
I got the Blu Ray when it first came out. I can only imagine what it would have been like to see it in 1939. People must have just marveled at it...
Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Little Boo

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Old 05-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Evil is Better

Just watched The Giant Claw with the girlfriend. I love this movie and she really liked it too. I still don't get all the hate.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:38 AM
Evil Dead

Cat People (1942)

First watch, I have seen remake a few times, which i liked but i not seen the remake for while now, I will be re-watching that again this weekend.

It's took while to get into this movie, I just could not get into the movie at all, I found most of the movie very dull and boring.

There were a few intruding moment that enjoyed here and thee but they were to far apart of each other and I didn't really find anything really creepy for most of the movie untill after 50 mintues of mark of the movie, were we finally get some creepy feel to the movie, that was decent scenes.

I really enjoyed that last few scenes in the movie, I thought it felt really rushed and some effect do look a out dated now , well it's 70 year old movie, it will feel bit out dated.

The acting was really good from the whole cast.

I giving this movie 5 out of 10

The Blob (1958) In Colour .

Not all that bad from black and white Colour, it worked better here, then The Night of the living dead (1968), which was better to see in Black and white.

I really enjoyed this movie, it was a lot of fun and there were some really good decent funny moment in this B-movie and the movie was really paced well, a lot stuff happens and never dull moment to take you off screen.,

The only think that annoyed me a little boy, it so annoying the way he spoke were so bad, it liked it was forced,
Other wises the acting was really good from the whole cast!

I really enjoyed this b-,movie I going to give it 7 out of 10

Now watching Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964
Old 05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Evil Dead

Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964)

This is yet another first watch, I not sure what to make of this movie, It might be one of earliest gory movies in horror, not first!

A number of people end in up in crazy town, that the town say the treat them not king and queens, to keen them happy but the truth is that , the town watched them, killed .

First death was did look a bit silly now, with that silly hand that northing like human arm, who get tell the arm was from manquie what ever they called.

The rest of the deaths scene were okay but very strangely, they cut away from deaths scenes that being done done but we see the aftermath.

Some death aftermaths dose not seem to makes sense at all, I Didn't really liked how the movie ended at all.

This movie just very stranger not in good way, I thought was really good.

i give it 5 out of 10

I Saw what you did (1965)

I really enjoyed this movie, the whole movie was really well paced, I did think the plot was little thin for to as long as this movie but it turn to about to really good.

Libby and Kit are doing a number of prank phones call as the messing as they got house by them self, these girl start pranks Saying I saw what you did.

The person they end up calling as done something really bad and he what to know he knew what he did.

I love decent amout of build up to some scenes in the movie, were really effecting and there was very good tense moment in this movie, that have some great atmosphere in then,

The acting in this movie was really good from the whole and I thought the ending was decent, not bad at all, i thougth it would have had a much better ending.

I did like the fact the movie End of the line instead of The End, I don't think spoilers lol

7 out of 10 really good!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Evil Dead

"Psycho" (1960)
-Anthony Perkins

Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece. Arguably the greatest thriller of all time. Skip the tv show, the remake and most of the sequels (part 2's not too bad) this is the one to watch.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
"Psycho" (1960)
-Anthony Perkins

Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece. Arguably the greatest thriller of all time. Skip the tv show, the remake and most of the sequels (part 2's not too bad) this is the one to watch.
Agreed.
Haven't seen the tv show either.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
In preparation for today's Film History exam I'm looking at...Weimar Propaganda

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Evil Dead

The Wolf Man (1941)

I saw this over the week end, As grew up with Wear wolf movies from 80's as I wasn't sure if I would be into this movie.

I actually liked how the movie started with book it was nice touch and really good as it was PG movie I didn't expect it to me scary or creepy at all.

I liked the fact the movie wasn't that long. so i didn't drag any scenes for too and I find the movie really entertaining from start to end

The acting was really good in scenes some, there were some scenes that looked little stranger , maybe they looked little out dated.

I didn't mind how the wear-wolf hair face effect wasn't to bad at all.

I going give this movie 7 out of 10
Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Evil Dead

A week ago I watched:

"The Woman In White" (1948)
-Sydney Greenstreet, Gig Young

Plot: IMDB
A young painter stumbles upon an assortment of odd characters at an English estate where he has been hired to give art lessons to beautiful Laura Fairlie. Among them are Anne Catherick, a strange young woman dressed in white whom he meets in the forest and who bears a striking resemblance to Laura; cunning Count Fosco, who hopes to obtain an inheritance for nobleman Sir Percival Glyde, whom he plans to have Laura marry; Mr. Fairlie, a hypochondriac who can't stand to have anyone make the slightest noise; and eccentric Countess Fosco who has her own dark secret. The artist also finds himself drawn to Marion Halcomb, a distant relation to Laura whom the Count also has plans for.

Phantom's Review: Excellent, compelling, Victorian era mystery thriller. Adapted several times to stage and screen, this is probably the best version. Greenstreet is fantastic as the devious Count Fusco, ( a truly hissable villain). The entire cast does a great job, it's beautifully filmed, good direction and an interesting story. A classic mystery.