Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

Post The Daily Newz

post your city/town's local stories.

Jurors find two guilty in firebomb attack
Judge will decide punishment next week

By barbara ramirez Caller-Times
March 29, 2007

Jurors on Wednesday found two 26-year-old Corpus Christi men guilty of arson in connection with a firebomb attack that left two people severely burned.

Ernesto Gonzalez

and Adrian Rios

face five to 99 years or life in prison and a $10,000 fine for their roles in the July 17, 2006, attack in which gasoline-filled glass bottles were lobbed at Andres Ybanez's 2001 Chevrolet Malibu. The bottles burst into flames on the steering column and severely burned Ybanez and passenger Chelsea Rudisell, 17............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
look at these meskinz........
share your local stories.
..and questions..

Last edited by bloody_ribcut; 03-29-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

Female jogger fights attacker
Police arrest teenager in sex assault attempt not far from CC Beach

By david kassabian Caller-Times
March 30, 2007

A visitor tackled while jogging near Corpus Christi Beach kicked and screamed, thwarting her attacker Thursday morning, in what police believe was an attempted sexual assault that has one man in jail.

The 44-year-old woman from Minnesota was running in the 4400 block of Surfside Boulevard at 7:15 a.m. when she passed two men on the side of the road, police Cmdr. David Torres said. One of the men made a lewd comment as she passed and began chasing her, Torres said.

Torres said that as the man caught up to the woman, he said, "We can do this the hard way or the easy way - I have a gun." The man tackled her a few seconds later and tried to cover her mouth with his hand, Torres said.

The woman screamed and fought, Torres said, and after several seconds the man ran.

"The important thing is she fought back and yelled the whole time at the top of her lungs," Torres said. "This appears to be a random act - this isn't a common occurrence. Most times the victim and attacker have a history."

Police arrested 17-year-old Eric Ruiz

a short time later at a nearby motel on suspicion of attempted aggravated sexual assault, Torres said. Police didn't find a gun during the arrest.

Ruiz, a Corpus Christi resident, remained at the Nueces County Jail on Thursday evening on a $50,000 bond, jail officials said. Torres said the other man, also 17, was arrested but released because he did not participate.

An officer investigating the case tracked Ruiz to the motel on a hunch after the property owner reported several disturbance calls involving one of the guests, Torres said. Officers knocked on the door and the man answering was wearing the same clothing the jogger reported seeing, Torres said. He later was identified by the woman as her attacker, Torres said.

The 44-year-old suffered minor injuries, including scratches to her face, Torres said. She was not taken to the hospital, he said.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:13 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

71 arrested in roundup
Warrant effort targets repeaters, gang members

By David Kassabian Caller-Times
March 31, 2007

By the numbers
People arrested

Days of roundup

Pistols recovered

Sawed-off shotgun recovered

Ounces of cocaine found

Money found in counterfeit bills
$250

Year the oldest arrest warrant officers cleared was issued

Source: Corpus Christi Police Department

Corpus Christi police working with sheriff's officers arrested 71 people during a three-day warrant roundup targeting gang members and repeat property crime offenders that ended Friday afternoon, police said.

Police arrested 26 people Friday, adding to 28 arrests Thursday and 17 arrests Wednesday, police Capt. David Cook said. About 35 Corpus Christi officers working with at least one Nueces County Sheriff's Department patrol unit took part in the roundup.

The department usually has two officers dedicated to serving arrest warrants, he said.

"This is without a doubt one of the most successful sweeps I've seen, including by other departments," Cook said.

Authorities seized eight pistols, one sawed-off shotgun, three ounces of cocaine and $250 in counterfeit bills during the three-day event, Cook said. Officers originally targeted about 100 people suspected of committing crimes while on probation, but later expanded their target list after the roundup's first day, Cook said.

The majority of the people authorities originally sought had warrants for probation violations, police said. Property offenders targeted include repeat burglary and theft suspects. Gang members sought are suspected of engaging in violent crimes, such as aggravated assault and deadly conduct.

A list of suspects arrested, and the charges, likely will not be available until early next week, police said.

Cook said another roundup is likely in a few months. The number of people targeted in the roundup make up a minority of people citywide with outstanding warrants, he said.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Ninja Pirate..Hiiiyamatey

Wow. I guess I should be glad that my time in Corpus Christi was restricted to the Riverwalk and the beach.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumSeeker View Post
Wow. I guess I should be glad that my time in Corpus Christi was restricted to the Riverwalk and the beach.
eh, it's not so bad........
just dont associate with the mexicans.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:37 AM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...432367&ref=rss

this all came to light last year when a young Rotorua woman claimed to have been raped while sitting in a Rotorua jail by police officers..in the late 80's.
She named her attackers as being Bob Shipton..Rickards..'both police detectives'.
They were found not guilty by the jury.
However..what the jury were not allowed to be told was that. Bob Shipton was already serving time in prison for a pack rape on a 19 yr old female in Tauranga.

Since the revelation of the Rotorua rape..
others have come forward and have stated the same thing..indicating Bob Shipton as being involved and others from the police force.
Complaints from all the victims were laid against these men as the events happened but were either swept under the carpet by supporting collegues..or filed and totally buried under loads of paperwork on purpose.

A recent complaint dating back to as late as 2001 against Bob Shipton and other officers is being investigated..however..this complaint has video footage of the complainant being pack raped on the bonnet of a police car..
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

Wed, April 4, 2007 Corpus Christi, TX
Easter’s almost here

Rachel Denny Clow/Caller-Times

Julia Martinez wraps crates of cascarones — eggshells filled with confetti — on Tuesday to sell at her home in the 3200 block of Greenwood Drive. Martinez and her mother, Maria Garcia, have been making and selling the eggs in the neighborhood for the past 17 years. Each year, Garcia hand-paints 3,000 to 4,000 eggs.

yessssssssss.
i cant wait, bar-b-que and beer.