Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-24-2007, 03:01 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Screwed Up Exorcism Kills Nun

Priest Jailed For Exorcism Death

Romania was stunned by news of the exorcism ritual

A Romanian priest has been jailed for 14 years for conducting an exorcism that led to the death of a nun who he believed was possessed by devils.
Irina Cornici, 23, died after being starved and chained to a cross at a secluded convent in the north-east.

The ritual in 2005 was led by Daniel Petru Corogeanu, 31, the priest at the Holy Trinity convent in Tanacu village.

He and four nuns were convicted of manslaughter. The nuns got jail terms ranging from five to eight years.

Nicoleta Arcalianu got eight years, while Adina Cepraga, Elena Otel and Simona Bardana were given five-year sentences.

All the defendants plan to appeal against the verdict in a case which has shocked Romania.

The Orthodox Church, which described the Tanacu incident as "abominable", has promised reforms, including psychological tests for those seeking to enter monasteries.

It banned Corogeanu from the priesthood and excommunicated the four nuns.

In 1999, when the Vatican issued its first new guidelines since 1614 for driving out devils, it urged priests to take modern psychiatry into account in deciding who should be exorcised.

After hearing the sentence, Corogeanu said: "We will appeal and hope that it will succeed. We didn't expect this sentence, but this is the judge's decision. We will pray to God for help."

Dozens of Corogeanu's supporters packed the courtroom and several burst into tears when the verdict was announced.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 02-28-2007, 07:13 AM
Eye Catching

I was really shocked to hear this. The whole fight against evil thing has gone a little bit too far. When I read this in the paper it said that the Priest believed the Nun was possessed because she was hearing voices in her head.
Question: Who doesnt hear voices in their head? lol
Seriously though that Priest is the one who is insane.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

what if the girl was possesed, and going to jail was satans revenge for excercising him....
Old 03-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Warrior Angel

Possession is real and Satan makes people die to blame the church. It wasn't the priests fault or the nuns. It was Satan.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to LadyFrost Send a message via Yahoo to LadyFrost
Well that was an interesting read. I didnt think they still did exocism's these days because of the fact most of the "possessions" that are being claimed are actually explained away by pre-existing medical conditions.

Dont get me wrong I have a very deep running belief in the devil, I dont worship him but I believe more in him then God.

xxFrostyxx