Old 07-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Scares Little Kids

"Creep" (2015) MOVIE REVIEW

http://cameraviscera.com/2015/07/14/...-movie-review/
Old 07-15-2015, 04:15 AM
Little Boo

Review of creep

In Creep, a found footage two-hander starring mumblecore innovator Mark Duplass (Baghead, Cyrus, FX's The League) and Patrick Brice (director of this year's much-ballyhooed The Overnight), the trope of a "wolf in sheep's clothing" is made almost hilariously literal. The titular creep is not a mustachioed guy in a windowless van, but rather the guy who will not stop talking to you on the subway. We're talking the kind of guy who conveys sensitivity and cuddliness in ways that can not help but feel calculated, a mask for something malevolent or, even worse, sociopathic. Oh, and sometimes he wears a terrifying wolf mask.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:37 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica900 View Post
In Creep, a found footage two-hander starring mumblecore innovator Mark Duplass (Baghead, Cyrus, FX's The League) and Patrick Brice (director of this year's much-ballyhooed The Overnight), the trope of a "wolf in sheep's clothing" is made almost hilariously literal. The titular creep is not a mustachioed guy in a windowless van, but rather the guy who will not stop talking to you on the subway. We're talking the kind of guy who conveys sensitivity and cuddliness in ways that can not help but feel calculated, a mask for something malevolent or, even worse, sociopathic. Oh, and sometimes he wears a terrifying wolf mask.
LOL. Nicely done, Jessica900. Creep would make a good double header with Freeway.
Twitter: @orsongalore
Old 11-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Little Boo

nice review which is spot on how it hit me.
I stopped watching 10min in first time, but came back and finished it. Ive watched it probably 4-5 times now.
Instant classic for me.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Banned

It was a good film but the ending was just stupid and the idiot got what he deserved for being so stupid.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Little Boo

i thought the ending made the movie.
Just like the review above states the guy's good intentions cost him.

Ive gotten several non-horror fans to watch it by telling them there isn't a drop of blood in the entire movie. They've all had that "WTF moment" when then end hits. I think it does exactly what they wanted it to.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Banned

yeah but after what that guy had went through the entire time he seems so naïve to the point where it was oversold the way he reacted. That's really the only complaint I have, otherwise it is a great film.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:31 AM
No Tears Please...

I agree with Morning, I watched it all the way through expecting more, the ending actually killed it for me. Only in Cali... Here in Texas he would have gone to the meeting armed and he sure as hell wouldn't have sat where he could be blind sided. My problem was this... And I might be thinking to hard about it, but how would he know he was going to sit at that bench? Who sits in what seems to be a very quiet park and doesn't here this guy come up behind him not very sneaky like. HOW THE HELL DID NO ONE SEE ALL OF THIS!?!?!?!? It just doesn't seem very plausible and in not being plausible it lost me.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 11-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Little Boo

Definitely agree that him even showing up at all to the park was a stupid move. Along with never realizing someone comes up behind him.

I kind of gloss over it since gullible people doing stupid things is pretty much a requirement for 98% of horror movies.
Actually that same thing kills a lot of people in daily life.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
I agree with Morning, I watched it all the way through expecting more, the ending actually killed it for me. Only in Cali... Here in Texas he would have gone to the meeting armed and he sure as hell wouldn't have sat where he could be blind sided. My problem was this... And I might be thinking to hard about it, but how would he know he was going to sit at that bench? Who sits in what seems to be a very quiet park and doesn't here this guy come up behind him not very sneaky like. HOW THE HELL DID NO ONE SEE ALL OF THIS!?!?!?!? It just doesn't seem very plausible and in not being plausible it lost me.
And not only did the guy walk up on him, through grass, but he stood there for a minute, put the mask on and reached in his coat for the axe and crept up to him. deaf person would have noticed that. Also considering the guy was terrorizing him all that time and scaring the guy mad and yet he is brought to tears by that video? The way he reacted in previous scenes when he was at the man's house tell me he would not buy into that video let alone cry. At the end of the movie with his camera sitting in his car we could hear the guy moving so why couldn't he? I get people in horror movies are dumb but this goes beyond the laws of what can be ridiculous and what can just be insanely bad writing.

Last edited by Morningriser; 11-13-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Tags
2015, creep, found footage, jason blum, mark duplass