Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers

Old 09-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Herald of Madness

The Movie Zombie: Creating the Worse in Found Footage Films

For the past few weeks, I've been working feverishly on my new feature length project, "The Movie Zombie". Part zombie film part mockumentary, The Movie Zombie truly is an eye sore on the face of zombie films.

Showing off all the latest in horror zombie and found footage films, I'm proud of the five hours my producer and I spent writing the script in our local McDonald's. Well when I say script, I mean index cards, and when I say index cards I really mean just the cool scenes we want in the movie.

We will set out in a few weeks with our $100 in our pocket to shoot an entire movie in one day. Will we get it done? Who knows... one thing is for sure, we will have an edited 90 minute project by the end.

Right now we are running a Kickstarter campaign to fund our movie. We really need everyone to contribute to hit our $100 goal.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreedNoir View Post
For the past few weeks, I've been working feverishly on my new feature length project, "The Movie Zombie". Part zombie film part mockumentary, The Movie Zombie truly is an eye sore on the face of zombie films.

Showing off all the latest in horror zombie and found footage films, I'm proud of the five hours my producer and I spent writing the script in our local McDonald's. Well when I say script, I mean index cards, and when I say index cards I really mean just the cool scenes we want in the movie.

We will set out in a few weeks with our $100 in our pocket to shoot an entire movie in one day. Will we get it done? Who knows... one thing is for sure, we will have an edited 90 minute project by the end.

Right now we are running a Kickstarter campaign to fund our movie. We really need everyone to contribute to hit our $100 goal.
Hi, fellow Pittsburgher!

This sounds interesting. Are you gonna shoot locally? I'll try to contribute any spare change I have laying around on the Kickstarter.

Let me know if you need any help. :)
Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Cranky

I try to give all these projects an equal shot, but I'm afraid this one really comes up short. This is just my own personal reaction, of course.

Seriously- you need to run a kickstarter to raise a hundred bucks? If you can't put a hundred bucks of your own money into your own project, I've got no faith in your committment.

I also take a dim view of people who try to make bad art "on purpose." It rarely comes off well. It more often looks like the product of people who had no faith they could do anything worth watching, so they give up and go "camp."

Personally, if I'm going to put my finances behind a project, it's going to be one that the creators believe in.

Seriously... give me a hundred bucks to make a piece of garbage!

As they say- facepalm.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 09-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Herald of Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraBloodyCara View Post
Hi, fellow Pittsburgher!

This sounds interesting. Are you gonna shoot locally? I'll try to contribute any spare change I have laying around on the Kickstarter.

Let me know if you need any help. :)
We will be shooting some scenes in Pittsburgh, but the bulk of the movie will be shot in Donegal, PA. We've secured a cabin and have local people around there who will be helping us with the film.

If your interested in acting that would be great. Never acted before? Even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I try to give all these projects an equal shot, but I'm afraid this one really comes up short. This is just my own personal reaction, of course.

Seriously- you need to run a kickstarter to raise a hundred bucks? If you can't put a hundred bucks of your own money into your own project, I've got no faith in your committment.

I also take a dim view of people who try to make bad art "on purpose." It rarely comes off well. It more often looks like the product of people who had no faith they could do anything worth watching, so they give up and go "camp."

Personally, if I'm going to put my finances behind a project, it's going to be one that the creators believe in.

Seriously... give me a hundred bucks to make a piece of garbage!

As they say- facepalm.
This project really is about going back to basics. I don't know if you went to college for film, but I have many great memories of just taking a camera and going on a shoot. Of course those videos were terrible, but it didn't matter. We were having fun and creating something we wanted to laugh at.

In the Movie Zombie we really are filming the process of how we are producing this feature length film as well as telling the story of those who are trapped at the cabin in the woods. In a way, we are poking fun at the process of making a movie and the shenanigans that come from such an endeavor. Do I really need to have a Kickstarter campaign for $100? No. I suppose not. However it's what many filmmakers do to raise money for their production. Besides, it's a fun way to market the project.

Not everyone is into camp or terrible films. This film probably won't be for you and that's OK.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Herald of Madness

Currently on $271 of our $100 budget. The response to our project has been pretty awesome. Looking forward to releasing our finished product!

Tags
comedy zombie, found footage, indie, kickstarter, zombie